Who is Friedrich SchillerFriedrich SchillerPortrait of Schiller by Ludovike Simanowiz (1794)BornJohann Christoph Friedrich Schiller
(1759-11-10)10 November 1759
Marbach am Neckar, Duchy of Württemberg in the Holy Roman EmpireDied9 May 1805(1805-05-09) (aged 45)
Weimar, Duchy of Saxe-W...
Read Full Biography
Friedrich Schiller Poems
Yes! even I was in Arcadia born,
And, in mine infant ears,
A vow of rapture was by Nature sworn;- ...
- Zenith And Nadir
Wheresoever thou wanderest in space, thy Zenith and Nadir
Unto the heavens knit thee, unto the axis of earth.
Howsoever thou attest, let heaven be moved by thy purpose,
Let the aim of thy deeds traverse the axis of earth!...
- The Artifice
Wouldst thou give pleasure at once to the children of earth and the righteous?
Draw the image of lust adding the devil as well!
- Hero And Leander.  A Ballad
See you the towers, that, gray and old,
Frown through the sunlight's liquid gold,
Steep sternly fronting steep?
The Hellespont beneath them swells, ...
- Verses Written In The Album Of A Friend. (herr Von Mecheln Of Basle.)
Nature in charms is exhaustless, in beauty ever reviving;
And, like Nature, fair art is inexhaustible too.
Hail, thou honored old man! for both in thy heart thou preservest
Living sensations, and thus ne'er-ending youth is thy lot!...
Top 10 most used topics by Friedrich SchillerEarth 72 Sweet 72 Bright 67 Life 62 Soul 61 Heart 58 World 52 High 51 Long 50 Never 49
Friedrich Schiller Quotes
Comments about Friedrich Schiller
- Profiletreecv: “nothing leads to good that is not natural.” - friedrich schiller
- 3stoneentertain: our own heart, and not others'opinions of us, forms our true honor. -friedrich von schiller
- Philosahne: 5 of 5 stars to don karlos by friedrich schiller
- Citizenwald: 26 may 1789: poet & dramatist friedrich schiller delivers his great inaugural lecture as professor of history at the university of jena (named after him in 1934) not familiar with it? scott horton, what is, and to what end do we study history?
- Citizenwald: here a romanticized image of friedrich schiller striding off toward the university of jena to deliver his inaugural lecture as professor of history, may 26, 1789. from a series of 6 trade cards depicting his life, issued in multiple languages for liebig meat extract, circa 1900