Who is Friedrich SchillerFriedrich SchillerPortrait of Schiller by Ludovike Simanowiz (1794)BornJohann Christoph Friedrich Schiller
(1759-11-10)10 November 1759
Marbach am Neckar, Duchy of Württemberg in the Holy Roman EmpireDied9 May 1805(1805-05-09) (aged 45)
Weimar, Duchy of Saxe-W...
Read Full Biography
Friedrich Schiller Poems
- Zenith And Nadir
Wheresoever thou wanderest in space, thy Zenith and Nadir
Unto the heavens knit thee, unto the axis of earth.
Howsoever thou attest, let heaven be moved by thy purpose,
Let the aim of thy deeds traverse the axis of earth!...
- The Artifice
Wouldst thou give pleasure at once to the children of earth and the righteous?
Draw the image of lust adding the devil as well!
- Hero And Leander.  A Ballad
See you the towers, that, gray and old,
Frown through the sunlight's liquid gold,
Steep sternly fronting steep?
The Hellespont beneath them swells, ...
- Verses Written In The Album Of A Friend. (herr Von Mecheln Of Basle.)
Nature in charms is exhaustless, in beauty ever reviving;
And, like Nature, fair art is inexhaustible too.
Hail, thou honored old man! for both in thy heart thou preservest
Living sensations, and thus ne'er-ending youth is thy lot!...
- Appendix Of Poems Etc. In Schiller's Dramatic Works
The following variations appear in the first two verses of Hector's
Farewell, as given in The Robbers, act ii. scene 2. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Friedrich SchillerEarth 72 Sweet 72 Bright 67 Life 62 Soul 61 Heart 58 World 52 High 51 Long 50 Never 49
Friedrich Schiller Quotes
Comments about Friedrich Schiller
- _ytricia: he who has done his best for his own time has lived for all times. -friedrich schiller kyle echarri livemtvaskvideo
- Ausambee: research students from the australian national university and the friedrich schiller university in germany will collaborate to invent technology that could make smartphones thinner, lighter, and able to produce holograms. read the anu article:
- Wiebkeacton: after a typically catastrophic dress rehearsal yesterday we’re opening tonight! maria stuart by friedrich schiller at berlin globe theater. break a leg, team!
- Irmotiv8: the average estimate themselves by what they do, the above average by what they are. -johann friedrich von schiller
- Sukasukasaja3: if you want to study yourself — look into the hearts of other people. if you want to study other people — look into your own heart. (friedrich von schiller)