Who is Elizabeth TaylorDame Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor DBE (February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011) was an English-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian. She began her career as a child actress in the early 1940s, and was one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the 1950s. She continued her career successfully into the 1960s and remained a well-known public figure for the rest of her life. In 1999, the American Film Institute named her the seventh-greatest female screen legend of all time.
Born in London to socially prominent American parents, Taylor moved with her family to Los Angeles in 1939. She made her acting debut in a minor role in the Universal Pictures film There's One Born Every Minute (1942) but the studio ended her contract after a year. She was th...
Read Full Biography
Elizabeth Taylor Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Taylor Quotes
- I suppose when they reach a certain age some men are afraid to grow up. It seems the older the men get, the younger their new wives get.
- Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.
- I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage.
- Marriage is a great institution.
- Success is a great deodorant.
Comments about Elizabeth Taylor
- Goodold03754226: elizabeth taylor tends to her makeup on the set of suddenly, last summer, 1959.
- Michaelwarbur17: elizabeth taylor - 1985 by helmut newton
- Joshuacagose: paul newman y elizabeth taylor. cat on a hot tin roof, 1958.
- Voxsmauritii: accepted for development by american zoetrope but abandoned in 1982 when coppola went belly up with "one from the heart." elizabeth taylor had agreed to play the count's mother who was reputed to have been the most beautiful woman of her time.
- 521crazy1: you find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” – elizabeth taylor ziddi dils want zdmn2