Who is Elizabeth Daryush
Elizabeth Daryush (8 December 1887 – 7 April 1977) was an English poet.
Life Daryush was the daughter of Robert Bridges; her maternal grandfather was Alfred Waterhouse. She married Ali Akbar Daryush, a Persian government official whom she had met when he was studying at the University of Oxford, and thereafter spent some time in Persia; most of her life was spent in Boars Hill, outside Oxford. She has a park in oxford named after her.
WritingsPoetry Daryush, daughter of English poet laureate Robert Bridges (some of her early work was published as Elizabeth Bridges), followed her father's lead not only in choosing poetry as her life's work but also in the traditional style ...
Read Full Biography
Elizabeth Daryush Poems
- You Should At Times Go Out
You should at times go out
from where the faithful kneel,
visit the slums of doubt
and feel what the lost feel; ...
- After Bank Holiday
Now deserted are the roads
Where awhile the lovers went;
Vacant are the field-abodes
Where a vivid hour they spent: ...
- Anger Lay By Me
Anger lay by me all night long,
His breath was hot upon my brow,
He told me of my burning wrong,
All night he talked and would not go. ...
- Unknown Warrior
Not that broad path chose he, which whoso wills
May tread, if he by pay the fatal price,
And for such sweet as earthly life extils,
Slaughter his heaven-born soul in sacrifice. ...
- Flanders Fields
Here the scanted daisy glows
Glorious as the carmined rose;
Here the hill-top's verdure mean
Fair is with unfading green; ...
Top 10 most used topics by Elizabeth DaryushDark 4 Wrong 3 Warm 3 Night 3 Room 3 Sunny 3 Home 3 Heaven 2 Wealth 2 Earth 2
Elizabeth Daryush Quotes
Comments about Elizabeth Daryush
- Oxfordprestrust: we are happy to share that many of the bird boxes at elizabeth daryush memorial garden are now filled with prepared nests or already have nests with eggs in! species include blue tits, great tits and nuthatch thanks to clive smith for his constant dedication to the nest boxes
- Lancaster_words: friday starts with elizabeth daryush's throw away the flowers.
- Warpoetsassn: “for a survivor of the mesopotamian campaign” by elizabeth daryush. war’s wasted era is a desert shore, as know those who have passèd there, a place where, within sound of swoll’n destruction’s roar, wheel the wild vultures, lust and terror base;
- Louisalevine7: collected poems [of] elizabeth daryush
- Book_addict: happy birthday to english poet elizabeth daryush (december 5, 1887), author of “the last man and other verses “ (1936) et al.