Who is Donald JusticeDonald Justice (August 12, 1925 – August 6, 2004) was an American poet and teacher of writing. In summing up Justice's career David Orr wrote, "In most ways, Justice was no different from any number of solid, quiet older writers devoted to traditional short poems. But he was different in one important sense: sometimes his poems weren't just good; they were great. They were great in the way that Elizabeth Bishop's poems were great, or Thom Gunn's or Philip Larkin's. They were great in the way that tells us what poetry used to be, and is, and will be."
Life and career Justice grew up in Florida, and earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Miami in 1945. He received an M.A. from the University of North Carolina in 1947, studied for a time at Stanfo...
Read Full Biography
Donald Justice Poems
- Men At Forty
Men at forty
Learn to close softly
The doors to rooms they will not be
Coming back to...
- On The Death Of Friends In Childhood
We shall not ever meet them bearded in heaven
Nor sunning themselves among the bald of hell;
If anywhere, in the deserted schoolyard at twilight,
forming a ring, perhaps, or joining hands ...
- The Tourist From Syracuse
One of those men who can be a car salesman or a tourist from Syracuse or a hired assassin.
-- John D. MacDonald
You would not recognize me. ...
- Love's Stratagems
All these maneuverings to avoid
The touching of hands,
These shifts to keep the eyes employed
On objects more or less neutral ...
- Bus Stop
Lights are burning
In quiet rooms
Where lives go on
Resembling ours. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Donald JusticeDark 10 Long 7 Time 7 Rain 6 I Love You 6 Sad 6 Love 6 White 6 Light 6 Remember 6
Donald Justice Quotes
Comments about Donald Justice
- Vickypjward: the treasury department must turn over six years of donald trump’s tax returns to house investigators, says the justice department.
- Kgnsnews: trump asked top justice department officials to declare 2020 election 'corrupt,' notes show
- Judson4congress: speaker pelosi considers access to trump**s returns a matter of national security - i agree! as has been said: every single thing that former president donald trump did makes perfect sense once you realize that he was working for putin and not the us.
- Kcbsradio: the justice department, in a reversal, says the treasury department must provide the house ways and means committee former president donald trump’s tax returns.
- Postandcourier: the justice department, in a reversal, says the treasury department must provide the house ways and means committee former president donald trump’s tax returns, apparently ending a long legal showdown over the records.