Who is Donald JusticeDonald Justice (August 12, 1925 – August 6, 2004) was an American poet and teacher of writing. In summing up Justice's career David Orr wrote, "In most ways, Justice was no different from any number of solid, quiet older writers devoted to traditional short poems. But he was different in one important sense: sometimes his poems weren't just good; they were great. They were great in the way that Elizabeth Bishop's poems were great, or Thom Gunn's or Philip Larkin's. They were great in the way that tells us what poetry used to be, and is, and will be."
Life and career Justice grew up in Florida, and earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Miami in 1945. He received an M.A. from the University of North Carolina in 1947, studied for a time at Stanfo...
Read Full Biography
Donald Justice Poems
- Men At Forty
Men at forty
Learn to close softly
The doors to rooms they will not be
Coming back to...
- On The Death Of Friends In Childhood
We shall not ever meet them bearded in heaven
Nor sunning themselves among the bald of hell;
If anywhere, in the deserted schoolyard at twilight,
forming a ring, perhaps, or joining hands ...
- The Tourist From Syracuse
One of those men who can be a car salesman or a tourist from Syracuse or a hired assassin.
-- John D. MacDonald
You would not recognize me. ...
- Love's Stratagems
All these maneuverings to avoid
The touching of hands,
These shifts to keep the eyes employed
On objects more or less neutral ...
- Bus Stop
Lights are burning
In quiet rooms
Where lives go on
Resembling ours. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Donald JusticeDark 10 Long 7 Time 7 Rain 6 I Love You 6 Sad 6 Love 6 White 6 Light 6 Remember 6
Donald Justice Quotes
Comments about Donald Justice
- Susanengel14: report: the justice department’s 1/6 criminal investigation is getting closer to trump, a.k.a. the guy actually responsible for 1/6
- Michaelsorrell: i don't know who needs to hear this: the 2020 election was not stolen from donald trump. what was stolen? those supreme court justice seats.
- Cherryfatcat: reuters: the u.s. justice department on this tuesday sued steve wynn, the former ceo of wynn resorts, accusing him of acting as a chinese agent and lobbying then-president donald trump to repatriate mr. miles guo at beijing's behest in 2017
- Wuwuwu6464: reuters: the u.s. justice department on this tuesday sued steve wynn, the former ceo of wynn resorts, accusing him of acting as a chinese agent and lobbying then-president donald trump to repatriate mr. miles guo at beijing's behest in 2017.
- Mystic_sailor: report: the justice department’s 1/6 criminal investigation is getting closer to trump, a.k.a. the guy actually responsible for 1/6