Who is David CameronDavid William Donald Cameron (born 9 October 1966) is a British politician and lobbyist who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2016. He was Member of Parliament (MP) for Witney from 2001 to 2016 and leader of the Conservative Party from 2005 to 2016. He identifies as a one-nation conservative, and has been associated with both economically liberal and socially liberal policies.
Born in London to an upper-middle-class family, Cameron was educated at Heatherdown School, Eton College, and Brasenose College, Oxford. From 1988 to 1993 he worked at the Conservative Research Department, latterly assisting the Conservative Prime Minister John Major, before leaving politics to work for Carlton Communications in 1994. Becoming an MP in 2001, he served in the opposit...
Read Full Biography of David Cameron
David Cameron Poems
Top 10 most used topics by David Cameron
David Cameron Quotes
- I have no time for those who say there is no way Scotland could go it alone. I know first-hand the contribution Scotland and Scots make to Britain's success - so for me there's no question about whether Scotland could be an independent nation.
- Half a century ago, the amazing courage of Rosa Parks, the visionary leadership of Martin Luther King, and the inspirational actions of the civil rights movement led politicians to write equality into the law and make real the promise of America for all her citizens.
- There's another way we are getting behind business - by sorting out the banks. Taxpayers bailed you out. Now it's time for you to repay the favour and start lending to Britain's small businesses.
- I think it true that, you know, sometimes things start to change even before a government changes and, actually, I think you can begin to see even the Labour machine beginning to understand that it has become over-reliant on targets and processes, that local governments have been over-bossed and bullied.
- We have the character of an island nation: independent, forthright, passionate in defence of our sovereignty. We can no more change this British sensibility than we can drain the English Channel. And because of this sensibility, we come to the European Union with a frame of mind that is more practical than emotional.
Comments about David CameronFbpe_h: as an act of charity, perhaps eton could protect us from its less impressive products this is all about eton. it needs to close. it’s toxic
Virginiabrown8: as an act of charity, perhaps eton could protect us from its less impressive products | catherine bennett
Pataidenmusic: david cameron has a lot to answer for. his governments austerity in a growth period kept interest rates low which allowed the massive climb in house prices. his referendum caused us to leave the eu. but none of it would have been ossible without nick clegg
Johndalton6011: when combined with the staggering failures of david cameron and boris johnson, they conveyed one overwhelming message: the threat from this school is enough to justify some targeted form of vetting. it was ignored and the result is kwasi kwarteng.
Timesbusiness: in the second of an exclusive three-part series the authors of a new book on mckinsey, reveal how the group worked its way to the heart of david cameron’s reforms of the nhs
Read All Comments