Who is Dave BarryDavid McAlister Barry (born July 3, 1947) is an American author and columnist who wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for the Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005. He has also written numerous books of humor and parody, as well as comic novels. Barry's honors include the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary (1988) and the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism (2005).
Barry has defined a sense of humor as "a measurement of the extent to which we realize that we are trapped in a world almost totally devoid of reason. Laughter is how we express the anxiety we feel at this knowledge."
Read Full Biography
Dave Barry Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Dave Barry
Dave Barry Quotes
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.
- The information encoded in your DNA determines your unique biological characteristics, such as sex, eye color, age and Social Security number.
- It was Public Art, defined as art that is purchased by experts who are not spending their own personal money.
- Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.
- Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in taxes.
Comments about Dave Barry
- Barry_carter: after topping the all time money list (see below), dave and i made our own online poker room and played in the crypto 'barrycoin', each bc$ is worth $1. yesterday we played a $2 million barrycoin pot, ak vs qq, i won it, so now i also have the record for biggest ever online pot
- Jeffpassan: barry bonds belongs in the hall of fame. and if he's not there by the end of today, the museum has failed at its stated mission: preserve history. column, free and unlocked, at espn:
- Robertw41590898: "many americans have been vaccinated but continue to act as though they have not." dave barry
- Starmageddon78: i've been trying to read more books. last week, i read "lunatics", by dave barry and alan zweibel. the story was a bit convoluted, but i ended up really enjoying it. i hadn't thought i would.
- Georgiastraight: dave grohl confronts the horrors of making a new foo fighters album in studio 666