Who is Dave BarryDavid McAlister Barry (born July 3, 1947) is an American author and columnist who wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for the Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005. He has also written numerous books of humor and parody, as well as comic novels. Barry's honors include the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary (1988) and the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism (2005).
Barry has defined a sense of humor as "a measurement of the extent to which we realize that we are trapped in a world almost totally devoid of reason. Laughter is how we express the anxiety we feel at this knowledge."
Read Full Biography
Dave Barry Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Dave Barry
Dave Barry Quotes
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.
- The information encoded in your DNA determines your unique biological characteristics, such as sex, eye color, age and Social Security number.
- It was Public Art, defined as art that is purchased by experts who are not spending their own personal money.
- Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.
- Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in taxes.
Comments about Dave Barry
- Gloryjirat: sheila the kangaroo (voiced by chantelle barry), sgt. byrd (voiced by tom kenny), bentley the yeti (voiced by dave b. mitchell) and agent 9 the monkey (voiced by richard tatum). after spyro free them from the cage, they’re become friend and help him defeat the sorceress. (8/14)
- Hubbplumbing: dave barry: welcome to my plumbing nightmare. that gurgling sound is liquid evil. - miami herald:
- Johnbensalhia: dave & bob go undercover as a rock band (with some help from barry cryer) to investigate the death of a local crime boss on this detectives day in 1993.
- Onamartaj: dave barry: welcome to my plumbing nightmare. that gurgling sound is liquid evil.
- Miamiscene_b: dave barry: welcome to my plumbing nightmare. that gurgling sound i... (miami herald) your plumbing hates you.all veteran homeowners know