Who is Dave BarryDavid McAlister Barry (born July 3, 1947) is an American author and columnist who wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for the Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005. He has also written numerous books of humor and parody, as well as comic novels and children's novels. Barry's honors include the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary (1988) and the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism (2005).
Barry has defined a sense of humor as "a measurement of the extent to which we realize that we are trapped in a world almost totally devoid of reason. Laughter is how we express the anxiety we feel at this knowledge."
Early life and education
Barry was born in Armonk, New York where his father, David W. Barry, was a Presbyterian minister. He was educated at Wampus ...
Read Full Biography of Dave Barry
Dave Barry Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Dave Barry
Dave Barry Quotes
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.
- The information encoded in your DNA determines your unique biological characteristics, such as sex, eye color, age and Social Security number.
- It was Public Art, defined as art that is purchased by experts who are not spending their own personal money.
- Camping is nature's way of promoting the motel business.
- Big business never pays a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer organization that never pays a nickel in taxes.
Comments about Dave BarrySkyno_abdul: luddy dave – plenty talk ft. barry jhay
Markgoodw_in: “the first and the biggest truth about writing is that we all—you, i, and dave barry—can use more criticism. we would be a lot more professional if we took more of it.”
Dubabasketball: i haven't been able to slam-dunk the basketball for the past five years. or, for the thirty-eight years before that, either. ~dave barry
Rollingunits: duktorsett - duktor’s appointment b red - good music for bad days (ep) mo’believe - odù (album) jam boy ft dtac - money enny jay x jaywillz - belinda luddy dave x barry jhay - plenty talk j. martins - gimme love gnewzy - db szn
Benshapiro: if aaron judge surpasses 61 home runs, he is the legitimate home run king. as calculated here, 18 of barry bonds' 73 hrs likely would have landed in the ballpark if he hadn't been on the roids. similar story applies with mcgwire and sosa.
Read All Comments