Who is Condoleezza RiceCondoleezza "Condi" Rice (/ˌkɒndəˈliːzə/ KON-də-LEE-zə; born November 14, 1954) is an American diplomat, political scientist, civil servant, and professor who is the current Director of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Rice served as the 66th United States Secretary of State from 2005 to 2009 and as the 20th United States National Security Advisor from 2001 to 2005. A member of the Republican Party, Rice was the first female African-American Secretary of State and the first woman to serve as National Security Advisor. Until the election of Barack Obama as president in 2008, Rice and her predecessor, Colin Powell, were the highest-ranking African Americans in the history of the federal executive branch (by virtue of the Secretary of State standing fourth in t...
Read Full Biography
Condoleezza Rice Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Condoleezza Rice
Condoleezza Rice Quotes
- The people of the Middle East share the desire for freedom. We have an opportunity - and an obligation - to help them turn this desire into reality.
- The U.S. has since the end of World War II had an answer - we stand for free peoples and free markets, we are willing to support and defend them - we will sustain a balance of power that favors freedom.
- The essence of America - that which really unites us - is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion - it is an idea - and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things.
- After all, when the world looks to America, they look to us because we are the most successful political and economic experiment in human history.
- We've been a country that's been fortunate to be protected by two oceans, to not have serious attacks on our territory for most of our history. And we were unfortunately reminded in a very devastating way of our vulnerability.
Comments about Condoleezza Rice
- Goddarddonald: there's something seriously wrong with bush. glad that condoleezza rice is standing tall.
- Alsodanymohammd: the signs and evidence that were available in the form of former us secretary of state condoleezza rice, we can deduce from her the trait (longevity) who lives about (90/100) years..
- Msepiderm: agree with morgan freeman’s sentiment in this video!
- Pukmedia: condoleezza rice's book 'no higher honor' published in kurdish
- Fiserv: while technologies like ai are important, dr. condoleezza rice said the breakthrough innovations of the future will come from people – and that’s why companies and countries must invest in human potential. watch her session on demand for a limited time: