Who is Benjamin DisraeliBenjamin Disraeli, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield, KG, PC, FRS (21 December 1804 – 19 April 1881) was a British politician of the Conservative Party who twice served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He played a central role in the creation of the modern Conservative Party, defining its policies and its broad outreach. Disraeli is remembered for his influential voice in world affairs, his political battles with the Liberal Party leader William Ewart Gladstone, and his one-nation conservatism or "Tory democracy". He made the Conservatives the party most identified with the glory and power of the British Empire. He is the only British prime minister to have been of Jewish birth. He was also a novelist, publishing works of fiction even as prime minister.
Read Full Biography
Benjamin Disraeli Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Benjamin Disraeli
Benjamin Disraeli Quotes
- Youth is a blunder Manhood a struggle, Old Age a regret.
- We live in an age when to be young and to be indifferent can be no longer synonymous. We must prepare for the coming hour. The claims of the Future are represented by suffering millions and the Youth of a Nation are the trustees of Posterity.
- A great city, whose image dwells in the memory of man, is the type of some great idea. Rome represents conquest Faith hovers over the towers of Jerusalem and Athens embodies the pre-eminent quality of the antique world, Art.
- Teach us that wealth is not elegance, that profusion is not magnificence, that splendor is not beauty.
- I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.
Comments about Benjamin Disraeli
- Estrdalxndra: "i am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best." - benjamin disraeli kdlex asap homies
- Oldmanwrites: "in politics, nothing is contemptible." --benjamin disraeli
- Idareyou2bemore: "nurture your minds with great thoughts. to believe in the heroic makes heroes." benjamin disraeli
- Realityselect0r: life is too short to be little. man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly, and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor. benjamin disraeli
- Kepoogaul: "the magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end. " benjamin disraeli