Who is Bai JuyiBai JuyiPortrait of Bai Juyi by Chen HongshouBorn772
Taiyuan, Shanxi, ChinaDied846
Xiangshan Temple, Longmen (Luoyang), Henan, ChinaOccupationPoet, Government officialChildrenBai Acui (son)Relati...
Read Full Biography
Bai Juyi Poems
- The Beginning Of Summer
At the rise of summer a hundred beasts and trees
Join in gladness that the season bids them thrive.
Stags and does frolic in the deep woods;
Snakes and insects are pleased by the rank grass....
Don't think of the past;
It only awakens painful regrets.
Don't think of the future;
It paralyzes with uncertain longings. ...
- Flower No Flower
Flower no flower
mist no mist
arrives at midnight ...
- After Lunch
After eating lunch, I feel so sleepy.
Waking later, I sip two bowls of tea,
then notice shadows aslant, the sun ...
- Thinking Of The Past
In an idle hour I thought of former days;
And former friends seemed to be standing in the room.
And then I wondered 'Where are they now?'
Like fallen leaves they have tumbled to the Nether Springs. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Bai JuyiNight 23 Spring 22 Long 19 Wind 17 Heart 16 Time 15 Red 15 Water 14 Autumn 13 Morning 12
Bai Juyi Quotes
Comments about Bai Juyi
- Iqra_mubarac: bai juyi was a poet during the tang dynasty and started composing poetry at the age of 5 years old.bai juyi believed the poetry should contain the moral and social purpose and rejected the descendent behaviours . prevalent at the time (772-846)
- J0j5yqeyipd0sjr: the toad mausoleum in bai juyi's song of everlasting sorrow, "home lives under toad mausoleum", refers to this place
- Designheben: there's a gleam of green in an old bottle, there's a stir of red in the quiet stove, there's a feeling of snow in the dusk outside -- what about a cup of wine inside? ----a poem by bai juyi from tang dynasty learn more about this project here:
- Adelaidealcott3: to eat bamboo shoots bai juyi, the state is the township explosion filled the valley.
- Kmichaelwilson: maybe another bai juyi 白居易 translation is in order. gotta hunt around for any commentary on this particular poem. the thematic parallels with baoyu's thoughts here (ch. 58) feel plausible enough.