Who is Bai JuyiBai JuyiPortrait of Bai Juyi by Chen HongshouBorn772
Taiyuan, Shanxi, ChinaDied846
Xiangshan Temple, Longmen (Luoyang), Henan, ChinaOccupationPoet, Government officialChildrenBai Acui (son)Relati...
Read Full Biography
Bai Juyi Poems
- The Beginning Of Summer
At the rise of summer a hundred beasts and trees
Join in gladness that the season bids them thrive.
Stags and does frolic in the deep woods;
Snakes and insects are pleased by the rank grass....
Don't think of the past;
It only awakens painful regrets.
Don't think of the future;
It paralyzes with uncertain longings. ...
- Flower No Flower
Flower no flower
mist no mist
arrives at midnight ...
- After Lunch
After eating lunch, I feel so sleepy.
Waking later, I sip two bowls of tea,
then notice shadows aslant, the sun ...
- Thinking Of The Past
In an idle hour I thought of former days;
And former friends seemed to be standing in the room.
And then I wondered 'Where are they now?'
Like fallen leaves they have tumbled to the Nether Springs. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Bai JuyiNight 23 Spring 22 Long 19 Wind 17 Heart 16 Time 15 Red 15 Water 14 Autumn 13 Morning 12
Bai Juyi Quotes
Comments about Bai Juyi
- Litebeedrone: today we would like to share a chinese poem with you. written by bai juyi, a chinese poet of the tang dynasty (618–907). the poem mainly expresses bai's feelings of reminiscing about the beauty of jiangnan after he left.
- Irinamademedoit: there’s bai juyi’s poem at the end!!!!!!! i’m dead!!
- Tourismhangzhou: thousands of years ago, the famous poet bai juyi (白居易) left the line: "if i cannot bring myself yet to put hangzhou behind me, half of what holds me here is on this lake." it fully manifests the beauty of the lake. the 5th west lake trailwalk will start on may 30! join us.
- Patty_esports: west lake, hangzhou legendary poets bai juyi and su shi wrote poems on its beauty. the scene of “18 times goodbye” from liang zhu started here and dwells in our hearts. here ends my journey. back to the city as i put my brain back into another fantasy world i love.
- Wsandles: read bai juyi's poem the temple. i loved it. i need a definitive english translation of his song of everlasting sorrow, though. what i've found so far convinces me it's great, but still i want a better translation.