Who is Angela Morgan
Angela Morgan (circa 1875 - January 24, 1957) was an American poet. Her given name at birth was Nina Lillian, which she later changed to Angela.
Life Morgan was born in about 1875, either in Washington, D.C., or in Yazoo County, Mississippi. Her family lived in Washington from 1876 to 1885, and then moved to Lawrence, Kansas, and later to Topeka, Kansas. In 1890 her father left home to become a gold prospector, and until 1898 Morgan earned money singing in a voice quartet with her three sisters. She married in 1900; the marriage was dissolved in 1906.
Morgan became a journalist for the Chicago Daily American, and later worked on the New York American and on the Boston American. She reported on court cases, published ...
Read Full Biography
Angela Morgan Poems
- In Spite Of War
In spite of war, in spite of death,
In spite of all man's sufferings,
Something within me laughs and sings
And I must praise with all my breath....
I'd rather have the thought of you
To hold against my heart,
My spirit to be taught of you
With west winds blowing,...
Top 10 most used topics by Angela MorganSpirit 2 Claim 1 Live 1 Courage 1 Breath 1 Comfort 1 Thought 1 Hold 1 Warm 1 Choice 1
Angela Morgan Quotes
Comments about Angela Morgan
- Michellegriff: i feel like angela merkel, photographed today in germany with australian lorikeets, is embodying the week we’ve all had.
- Byvingallo: starters for bulldogs gk – kaelyn morgan adrienne secore grace jarvis avery tam kylee peterson emma carlisto olivia cook kate bleakley ryleigh reardon angela dwyer avery mcdonald
- Alamanecer: never. ever. forget when angela bassett casually recited macbeth off the cuff
- Spepper1964: it’s a massive invasion ~ ~ former cbp commissioner mark morgan: "we are seeing history being made, we have lost our border in del rio.”
- Bancostuntin: if coke wasn’t a better investment than stocks, why jp morgan was caught wit a 100 kilos last year?