Who is Amy LowellAmy Lawrence Lowell (February 9, 1874 – May 12, 1925) was an American poet of the imagist school from Brookline, Massachusetts. She posthumously won the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 1926.
Personal life Lowell as a child
Amy Lowell was born on February 9, 1874, in Boston, Massachusetts, the daughter of Augustus Lowell and Katherine Bigelow Lowell. A member of the Brahmin Lowell family, her siblings included the as...
Read Full Biography
Amy Lowell Poems
How the slates of the roof sparkle in the sun, over there, over there,
beyond the high wall! How quietly the Seine runs in loops and windings, ...
- To A Husband
Brighter than fireflies upon the Uji River
Are your words in the dark, Beloved.
The chatter of little people
Breaks on my purpose
Like the water-drops which slowly wear the rocks to powder.
And while I laugh ...
- Two Lacquer Prints
The Emperor's Garden
ONCE, in the sultry heat of midsummer,
An Emperor caused the miniature mountains in his garden ...
- Women's Harvest Song
I am waving a ripe sunflower,
I am scattering sunflower pollen to the four world-quarters.
I am joyful because of my melons,
I am joyful because of my beans, ...
Top 10 most used topics by Amy LowellGreat 121 Long 100 Night 92 White 91 Sun 89 Heart 86 Wind 81 Away 80 Blue 78 Light 76
Amy Lowell Quotes
- Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.
Comments about Amy Lowell
- Surono34098683: ‘i am tired, beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you; of squeezing it into little inkdrops, and posting it.’ ~ amy lowell
- Queerlitbot: you are ice and fire, the touch of you burns my hands like snow. amy lowell, opal
- Lancaster_words: the week begins with amy lowell's circumstance.
- Surono34098683: over the shop where silk is sold still the dragon kites are flying. ~ amy lowell
- Jiigggeee: rearranged my entire bedroom and decided to finally do a photo shoot with my cap and gown (will do a better one when it’s better here). i’m giving you “young, broke, talented, and down for a boston marriage”. last photo is giving you amy lowell, phd. so proud of my weight loss.