Who is Winston ChurchillSir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British statesman, soldier and writer who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, during the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. Apart from two years between 1922 and 1924, he was a Member of Parliament (MP) from 1900 to 1964 and represented a total of five constituencies. Ideologically an economic liberal and imperialist, he was for most of his career a member of the Conservative Party, which he led from 1940 to 1955. He was a member of the Liberal Party from 1904 to 1924.
Of mixed English and American parentage, Churchill was born in Oxfordshire to a wealthy, aristocratic family. He joined the British Army in 1895 and saw action in British India, the Anglo-Su...
Read Full Biography of Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill Quotes
- Politics is not a game. It is an earnest business.
- Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen.
- Politics is almost as exciting as war, and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics many times.
- In war, you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times.
- I am never going to have anything more to do with politics or politicians. When this war is over I shall confine myself entirely to writing and painting.
Comments about Winston ChurchillRead All Comments
Write your comment about Winston Churchill
Mr Tony: What date did Winston Churchill make that his speech..... "For good or for I'll, Air Mastery is..."?