Who is William StrodeFor other uses, see William Strode (disambiguation). Relief sculpture of William Strode (1594-1645), MP, detail from mural monument in St Mary's Church, Plympton, of his father Sir William Strode (d.1637) of Newnham
Read Full Biography
William Strode Poems
- A Strange Gentlewoman Passing By His Window
As I out of a casement sent
Mine eyes as wand'ring as my thought,
Upon no certayne object bent,
But only what occasion brought, ...
- On The Death Of A Twin
Where are yee now, Astrologers, that looke
For petty accidents in Heavens booke?
Two Twins, to whom one Influence gave breath,
Differ in more than Fortune, Life and Death. ...
- To A Valentine
Faire Valentine, since once your welcome hand
Did cull mee out wrapt in a paper band,
Vouchsafe the same hand still, to shew thereby
That Fortune did your will no injury: ...
- On The Death Of Sir Rowland Cotton Seconding That Of Sir Robert
More Cottons yet? O let not envious Fate
Attempt the Ruine of our growing State.
O had it spar'd Sir Rowland, then might wee
Have almost spar'd Sir Robert's Library. ...
- A Riddle: On A Kiss
What thing is that, nor felt nor seene
Till it bee given? a present for a Queene:
A fine conceite to give and take the like:
The giver yet is farther for to seeke; ...
Top 10 most used topics by William StrodeDeath 24 Love 18 I Love You 18 Life 17 Good 15 Long 15 Breath 15 Light 12 Heart 12 Body 12
William Strode Quotes
Comments about William Strode
- Artisthogarth: the strode family
- Botzonecuba: william... strode all the way to brighton & hove. with a knife,, and a clanging jar of jam.
- Artisthogarth: the strode family, 1742
- Harrywatson63: my wordle score as the number of people in a painting. today it's 'the strode family' by william hogarth, whose early success as a painter came from informal group portraits. here the subject is william strode with his new wife lady anne cecil and other family and friends.
- Dailydocumerica: photographer: william strode, 1972-09
Write your comment about William Strode
AlexNiuae: Hey could u revised that poem
Dan Gane: Hey could u revised that poem