Who is William Butler Yeats(Redirected from William Butler Yeats)
"Yeats" redirects here. For other uses, see Yeats (disambiguation).Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet and playwright, co-founder of Abbey Theatre William Butler Yeats photographed in 1903 by Alice Boughton William Butler Yeats[a] (13 June 1865 – ...
Read Full Biography
William Butler Yeats Poems
- What Magic Drum?
He holds him from desire, all but stops his breathing
primordial Motherhood forsake his limbs, the child no
longer rest, ...
If Jupiter and Saturn meet,
What a cop of mummy wheat!
The sword's a cross; thereon He died:
On breast of Mars the goddess sighed....
- The Four Ages Of Man
He with body waged a fight,
But body won; it walks upright.
Then he struggled with the heart;
Innocence and peace depart. ...
- Ribb Considers Christian Love Insufficient
Why should I seek for love or study it?
It is of God and passes human wit.
I study hatred with great diligence,
For that's a passion in my own control, ...
- On Those That Hated "the Playboy Of The Western World"
Once, when midnight smote the air,
Eunuchs ran through Hell and met
On every crowded street to stare
Upon great Juan riding by: ...
Top 10 most used topics by William Butler YeatsHeart 152 I Love You 145 Love 145 Great 142 Night 122 Long 114 Thought 113 Young 110 Away 107 Time 104
William Butler Yeats Quotes
- Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire.
- Things fall apart the center cannot hold Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity.
- A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love.
- An aged man is but a paltry thing, a tattered coat upon a stick.
- We taste and feel and see the truth. We do not reason outselves into it.
Comments about William Butler Yeats
- Globalasianista: postscript: president biden smoothly sliding into third base at same state dinner in seoul with “wouldn’t happen in london” after president yoon quoted william butler yeats
- Sirensong1208: brown penny by william butler yeats
- Kevinliptakcnn: reading the room: at a state dinner in seoul, president yoon of south korea quotes william butler yeats in his toast to president biden: "think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was i had such friends."
- Bentleyalumni: mahendra gujarathi — the recipient of bentley’s 2021 adamian award for lifetime teaching excellence — has drawn constant inspiration from the words of irish poet william butler yeats: “education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.”
- Alilnightmusing: we had fed the heart on fantasies, the heart’s grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love; oh, honey-bees come build in the empty house of the stare. — william butler yeats, “the stare’s nest by my window”