Who is William Butler Yeats(Redirected from William Butler Yeats)
"Yeats" redirects here. For other uses, see Yeats (disambiguation).Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet and playwright, co-founder of Abbey Theatre William Butler Yeats photographed in 1903 by Alice Boughton William Butler Yeats[a] (13 June 1865 – ...
Read Full Biography
William Butler Yeats Poems
- What Magic Drum?
He holds him from desire, all but stops his breathing
primordial Motherhood forsake his limbs, the child no
longer rest, ...
If Jupiter and Saturn meet,
What a cop of mummy wheat!
The sword's a cross; thereon He died:
On breast of Mars the goddess sighed....
- The Four Ages Of Man
He with body waged a fight,
But body won; it walks upright.
Then he struggled with the heart;
Innocence and peace depart. ...
- Ribb Considers Christian Love Insufficient
Why should I seek for love or study it?
It is of God and passes human wit.
I study hatred with great diligence,
For that's a passion in my own control, ...
- On Those That Hated "the Playboy Of The Western World"
Once, when midnight smote the air,
Eunuchs ran through Hell and met
On every crowded street to stare
Upon great Juan riding by: ...
Top 10 most used topics by William Butler YeatsHeart 152 I Love You 145 Love 145 Great 142 Night 122 Long 114 Thought 113 Young 110 Away 107 Time 104
William Butler Yeats Quotes
- Education is not filling a bucket, but lighting a fire.
- Things fall apart the center cannot hold Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity.
- A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love.
- An aged man is but a paltry thing, a tattered coat upon a stick.
- We taste and feel and see the truth. We do not reason outselves into it.
Comments about William Butler Yeats
- Pdsongbot: down by the salley gardens music: herbert hughes, 1909 lyrics: william butler yeats, 1889
- Candyfrank8: education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire. - william butler yeats
- George28474897: innocence and beauty have only one enemy: the passage of time. william butler yeats
- Robtaber: got to the william butler yeats section in the norton anthology; discovered where some of y'all have been finding your book titles.
- Carylloper: how can we know the dancer from the dance? ~william butler yeats