Who is Warren FarrellWarren Thomas Farrell (born June 26, 1943) is an American political scientist, activist, and author of seven books on men's and women's issues. Farrell has been described as the "father of the men's movement."
Farrell initially came to prominence in the 1970s as a supporter of second wave feminism; he served on the New York City Board of the National Organization for Women (NOW). Farrell advocates for "a gender liberation movement", with "both sexes walking a mile in each other’s moccasins".His books cover history, law, sociology and politics (The Myth of Male Power); couples' communication (Women Can't Hear What Men Don't Say, and Father and Child Reunion); economic and career issues (Why Men Earn More); child psychology and child custody (Father and Child Reunion); and teenag...
Read Full Biography of Warren Farrell
Warren Farrell Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Warren Farrell
Warren Farrell Quotes
- Men are fair, and they have learned not to personalize anger - they can disagree with you and argue to the bone, but afterward they still consider you a nice person with whom the underlying human relationship need not be altered.
- Throughout my life I have always been amazed that people couldn't listen to other people, that they couldn't hear their best intent, that there seemed to be an enormous need to demonize.
- The five different areas in which boys are in crisis - education jobs emotional health physical health and fatherlessness - are handled by different portions of the government.
- Nobody really believes in equality anyway.
- It evolved from my experience in the fifties, growing up during the McCarthy era, and hearing a lot of assumptions that America was wonderful and Communism was terrible.
Comments about Warren FarrellEqualitycanada: warren farrell live on 'whatever' now:
Menandfamilies: warren farrell live on 'whatever' now:
Skylar_byrne: when a parent is always empathetic with the needs of the child, the child does not become empathetic but narcissistic ~dr. warren farrell
21wfmjnews: warren police say farrell man fatally shot by 17-year-old
Lynnsaternow: sad to hear of the fatal shooting of brice hilton of farrell in warren ohio saturday. reportedly shot while buying a cell phone from 17-year-old guy.
Read All Comments