Who is Victor James DaleyVictor Daley (at right)
Victor James William Patrick Daley (5 September 1858 – 29 December 1905) was an Australian poet. Daley serves chiefly as an example of the Celtic Twilight in Australian verse. He also serves as a lyrical alternative to his contemporary bush balladists of Henry Lawson, Banjo Paterson, and Will H. Ogilvie.
Life Daley was born at the Navan, County Armagh, Ireland, and was educated at the ...
Read Full Biography
Victor James Daley Poems
- The Quest Of Brahma
Once upon a hushed red morning
In the wondrous years of old,
When the sun rose like a Rajah
Clad in robes of gleaming gold, ...
- The Old Bohemian
The world was in my debt,
I was the Friend of Man,
When, years ago, I met
The Old Bohemian. ...
- The Call Of The City
There is a saying of renown,
"God made the country, man the town."
Well, everybody to his trade!
But man likes best the thing he made. ...
- St Francis Ii
I learnt the language of the birds,
A new St Francis I would be;
But, when I understood their words,
The birds were preaching unto me....
- Spring Song
I am the Vision and the Dream
Of trembling Age, and yearning Youth;
I am the Sorceress Supreme.
I am Illusion; I am Truth. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Victor James DaleyHeart 52 Life 47 Death 45 Long 44 Red 39 Sweet 38 White 38 I Love You 37 Love 37 Night 36
Victor James Daley Quotes
Comments about Victor James Daley
- Withdrawbolts: tati’s & tony’s dead poet tour // sixty to sixteen by victor james daley
- Crumbtweet: tati’s & tony’s dead poet tour // sixty to sixteen by victor james daley
- Itsreallyheart: thy singing when thou wert a brown, sweet bird. victor james daley lovejona iwantasap
- Jonanatinto: thy singing when thou wert a brown, sweet bird. victor james daley singvestigator queenjona
- Victor_daley: so proud of daniel james