Who is Tom HanksThomas Jeffrey Hanks (born July 9, 1956) is an American actor and filmmaker. Known for both his comedic and dramatic roles, he is one of the most popular and recognizable film stars worldwide, and is regarded as an American cultural icon. Hanks's films have grossed more than $4.9 billion in North America and more than $9.96 billion worldwide, making him the fourth-highest-grossing actor in North America.Hanks made his breakthrough with leading roles in a series of comedy films which received positive media attention, such as Splash (1984), Bachelor Party (1984), Big (1988) and A League of Their Own (1992). He won two consecutive Academy Awards for Best Actor for starring as a gay lawyer suffering from AIDS in Philadelphia (1993) and the title character in Forrest Gump (1994). Hanks collabo...
Read Full Biography of Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Quotes
- But look, I was born in 1956, the peak year for births in US history. I think I'm very representative of many of the thought processes my generation have been through and, by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time.
- The year I was born, 1956, was the peak year for babies being born, and there are more people essentially our age than anybody else. We could crush these new generations if we decided too.
- As a young man, even if I was going to see a play or a film by myself, I didn't feel like I was alone. There was something that was unfolding up there that brought me into it. And I recognised that. For those two hours, it made me feel like I belonged to something really good.
- As long as you as an individual... can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic, you can be described as 'one of the faithful,' one of those people who can say, 'Well, look, something's going to happen! Let's just keep trying. Let's not give up.
- And I'm not apolitical - I'm very specific in my politics. But a lot of the time it's nobody's business unless you're over at my house having dinner.
Comments about Tom HanksTomhanksquote: hello! here is a random tom hanks movie quote to raise your spirits: "well, as with anything, if you want to believe you can find reasons to." -tom hanks (extremely loud and incredibly close)
Itsdlisted: here's the trailer for wes anderson's "asteroid city" featuring twee pastels galore and a silver fox tom hanks
Consequence: here's our first look at tom hanks, jason schwartzman, steve carell, scarlett johansson, and jeffrey wright in wes anderson's asteroid city:
Cinema505: scarlett johansson, jason schwartzman, tom hanks, jeffrey wright e maya hawke em ‘asteroid city’, novo filme de wes anderson.
Wmag: the actress joins margot robbie, tom hanks, and more stars in wes anderson's latest film.
Read All Comments