Who is Tom HanksThomas Jeffrey Hanks (born July 9, 1956) is an American actor and filmmaker. Known for both his comedic and dramatic roles, Hanks is one of the most popular and recognizable film stars worldwide, and is regarded as an American cultural icon. Hanks's films have grossed more than $4.9 billion in North America and more than $9.96 billion worldwide, making him the fourth-highest-grossing actor in North America.
Hanks made his breakthrough with leading roles in the comedies Splash (1984) and Big (1988). He won two consecutive Academy Awards for Best Actor for starring as a gay lawyer suffering from AIDS in Philadelphia (1993) and a young man with below-average IQ in Forrest Gump (1994). Hanks collaborated with film director Steven Spielberg on five films: Saving P...
Read Full Biography
Tom Hanks Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Quotes
- But look, I was born in 1956, the peak year for births in US history. I think I'm very representative of many of the thought processes my generation have been through and, by and large, people of my age have had their imprint planted on the consciousness of western society for a long time.
- The year I was born, 1956, was the peak year for babies being born, and there are more people essentially our age than anybody else. We could crush these new generations if we decided too.
- As a young man, even if I was going to see a play or a film by myself, I didn't feel like I was alone. There was something that was unfolding up there that brought me into it. And I recognised that. For those two hours, it made me feel like I belonged to something really good.
- As long as you as an individual... can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic, you can be described as 'one of the faithful,' one of those people who can say, 'Well, look, something's going to happen! Let's just keep trying. Let's not give up.
- And I'm not apolitical - I'm very specific in my politics. But a lot of the time it's nobody's business unless you're over at my house having dinner.
Comments about Tom Hanks
- Beinlibertarian: this week in the life of tom hanks was predicted by the simpson’s
- Matthewstoller: right before tom hanks orders his troops into battle, john ryan brings him critical intelligence found by jack bauer. president bartlet give a speech about american values, and the conflict is resolved. that's the state department plan for ukraine.
- Chrismarq8_: sometimes i feel like tom hanks in cast away. in my case, in a coma for almost 10 years, only to wake up and find the life i had no longer exist. everyone thought i died. my belongings and work were stolen and fiancé was cheating, married someone else. woke up broke and homeless.
- Arugulake: tom hanks is great
- Vlzxero: oddly excited to watch the terminal when i get to it bc it's just 2 hours of tom hanks stuck in jfk airport and yet spielberg can somehow make an entire movie out of that