Who is Thomas SowellThomas Sowell (; born June 30, 1930) is an American author, economist, political commentator, social theorist, and senior fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University.Sowell was born in Gastonia, North Carolina, to a poor family. After his family migrated to the North, he grew up in Harlem, New York. Beleaguered by financial difficulties and deteriorated home conditions, he dropped out of Stuyvesant High School and served in the Marine Corps during the Korean War. Upon returning to the United States, Sowell took night classes at Howard University before attending Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude in 1958. He earned his master's degree in economics from Columbia University the next year and received a doctorate in economics from the University of Chicago in 1968.
Read Full Biography of Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell Quotes
- It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.
- The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.
- Wishful thinking is not idealism. It is self-indulgence at best and self-exaltation at worst. In either case, it is usually at the expense of others. In other words, it is the opposite of idealism.
- If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly.
- Too much of what is called 'education' is little more than an expensive isolation from reality.
Comments about Thomas SowellAndreasimonsen4: “life does not ask what we want. it presents us with options.” –thomas sowell
Dayaneloveyou21: “it takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.” –thomas sowell
Mjpiazza2: i finally found an affordable copy of thomas sowell's basic economics and now the package is running late. typical.
Hatenevrworks: this is from the first year of trump's presidency, but love what mr. sowell said about the leaders of groups that are lagging. it is very true!! thomas sowell reverses position on donald trump
Cerebralwisdom: too much of what is called "education" is little more than an expensive isolation from reality. - thomas sowell
Read All Comments