Who is Niccolo MachiavelliNiccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelli ( MAK-ee-ə-VEL-ee, US also MAHK-, Italian: [nikkoˈlɔ mmakjaˈvɛlli]; 3 May 1469 – 21 June 1527), occasionally rendered in English as Nicholas Machiavel ( MAK-ee-ə-vel, US also MAHK-; see below), was an Italian diplomat, author, philosopher and historian who lived during the Renaissance. He is best known for his political treatise The Prince (Il Principe), written about 1513 but not published until 1532. He has often been called the father of modern political philosophy and political science.For many years he served as a senior official in the Florentine Republic with responsibilities in diplomatic and military affairs. He wrote comedies, carnival songs, and poetry. His personal correspondence is also important to historians and scholars of Ital...
Read Full Biography of Niccolo Machiavelli
Niccolo Machiavelli Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Niccolo Machiavelli
Niccolo Machiavelli Quotes
- Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times.
- There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
- There is no avoiding war it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
- War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans.
- War is just when it is necessary arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms.
Comments about Niccolo MachiavelliTrutherbotprop: "for the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." --niccolo machiavelli
Nikkie_dickie: strategy classics collection, volume ii: machiavelli’s the prince, jomini’s the art of war, caesar’s the gallic war, xenophon’s on the duties of a cavalry general: machiavelli, niccolo, jomini, antoine-henri, caesar, gaius julius, xenophon, dakyns, etc
York09micha: when killing a threatening enemy, make sure you kill his kids as well, unless them kids grow up looking for revenge. "there is no remedy more powerful, nor more valid, more secure, & more necessary, than to kill the sons of brutus." - niccolo machiavelli
Unknownleadere: politics have no relation to morals --niccolo machiavelli
Buffalo2vegas: niccolo machiavelli said a rightful king with a righteous message, unlimited power & only the tactics of good available would meet an early demise to the wicked. story of jesus is based on same concept. he doesn't forgive all sin, only the sins that fight for the holy spirit.
Read All Comments