Who is Thomas ParnellThis article is about the poet. For the scientist, see Thomas Parnell (scientist). Thomas Parnell Thomas Parnell (11 September 1679 – 24 October 1718) was an Anglo-Irish poet and clergyman who was a friend of both Alexander Pope and Jonathan Swift.
He was the son of Thomas Parnell of Maryborough, Queen's County (now Port Laoise, County Laoise), a prosperous landowner who had been a loyal supporter of Cro...
Read Full Biography
Thomas Parnell Poems
- The Book-worm
Come hither, Boy, we'll hunt to Day
The Book-Worm, ravening Beast of Prey,
Produc'd by Parent Earth, at odds
(As Fame reports it) with the Gods. ...
- A Fairy Tale In The Ancient English Style
In Britain's Isle and Arthur's days,
When Midnight Faeries daunc'd the Maze,
Liv'd Edwin of the Green;
Edwin, I wis, a gentle Youth, ...
- On A Lady With A Foul Breath
Art thou alive? It cannot be,
There's so much Rottenness in Thee,
Corruption only is in Death;
And what's more Putrid than thy Breath? ...
- Hark The Thundring Drums Inviting
Hark the thundring Drums inviting
All our forward youth to arms
Hark the trumpets sounds exciting
Manly Soules with fierce alarms ...
- Now Kind Now Coy Wth How Much Change
Now kind now coy wth how much change
You feed my fierce desire
As if to more extravagance
Youd manage up the fire ...
Top 10 most used topics by Thomas ParnellLove 64 I Love You 64 Great 49 Soul 47 Mind 43 Rise 42 God 42 Long 36 Light 36 Life 34
Thomas Parnell Quotes
Comments about Thomas Parnell
- Benfynyn: venom painting in 5 mins! by patrick thomas parnell
- Yukinivris: "let those love now who never loved before; let those who always loved, now love the more." ~ thomas parnell
- Karjonhongkong: "let those love now who never loved before; let those who always loved, now love the more." ~ thomas parnell joy karjon onmbxshowtimeu karjon onmbxshowtimeu
- Photosofdublin: andy fletcher from the depeche mode at the welcome inn, parnell street. 1983
- Zenon71215238: i imagine the average irish student wouldn't be able to point out who thomas davis or arthur griffith or charles stewart parnell are on a picture if you held one of them in front of their face.