Who is T. S. Eliot...
Read Full Biography
T. S. Eliot Poems
- Whispers Of Immortality
Webster was much possessed by death
And saw the skull beneath the skin;
And breastless creatures under ground
Leaned backward with a lipless grin....
- The Song Of The Jellicles
Jellicle Cats come out tonight,
Jellicle Cats come one come all:
The Jellicle Moon is shining bright-
Jellicles come to the Jellicle Ball....
- The Rum Tum Tugger
The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat:
If you offer him pheasant he would rather have grouse.
If you put him in a house he would much prefer a flat,
If you put him in a flat then he'd rather have a house....
- The Old Gumbie Cat
I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots;
Her coat is of the tabby kind, with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
All day she sits upon the stair or on the steps or on the mat;
She sits and sits and sits and sits-and that's what makes a Gumbie Cat!...
- The Naming Of Cats
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES....
Top 10 most used topics by T. S. EliotTime 18 Cat 14 Night 13 Light 12 Never 11 Thought 11 White 11 Street 11 Morning 11 Long 10
T. S. Eliot Quotes
- So far as we are human, what we do must be either evil or good so far as we do evil or good, we are human and it is better, in a paradoxical way, to do evil than to do nothing at least we exist.
- This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends This is the way the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper.
- Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important.
- I take as metaphysical poetry that in which what is ordinarily apprehensible only by thought is brought within the grasp of feeling, or that in which what is ordinarily only felt is transformed into thought without ceasing to be feeling.
- Any religion is for ever in danger of petrifaction into mere ritual and habit, though ritual and habit be essential to religion.
Comments about T. S. Eliot
- Quotetext1: only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - t.s. eliot
- Teambwf: only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - t.s. eliot
- Poclitbot: though it’s true that neither keats nor eliot ever wrote from or about their experiences of racial identity, this is likely because their male whiteness wasn’t ever noted or challenged by anyone around them. jaswinder bolina, color coded
- Nytimes: what should you know about vaccine efficacy? efficacy attempts to measure how much a vaccine lowers the risk of an outcome. but it’s tricky: an efficacy of, say, 95%, doesn’t mean that 5% of people who receive a vaccine will get covid-19. we explain.
- Padmrey: "this is the way the world ends not with a bang but a whimper" - t.s. eliot