Who is Sara TeasdaleSara Teasdale (August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933) was an American lyric poet. She was born Sarah Trevor Teasdale in St. Louis, Missouri, and used the name Sara Teasdale Filsinger after her marriage in 1914.
Biography Photograph of Sara Teasdale as a young girl Teasdale was born on August 8, 1884. She had poor health for much of her childhood, so she was home schooled until age 9. It was at age 10 that she w...
Read Full Biography
Sara Teasdale Poems
- Sara Teasdale
Across the dimly lighted room
The violin drew wefts of sound,
Airily they wove and wound
And glimmered gold against the gloom. ...
- It Is Not A Word Spoken
It is not a word spoken,
Few words are said;
Nor even a look of the eyes
Nor a bend of the head, ...
- A Song To Eleonora Duse In "francesca Da Rimini "
Oh would I were the roses, that lie against her hands,
The heavy burning roses she touches as she stands!
Dear hands that hold the roses, where mine would love to be,
Oh leave, oh leave the roses, and hold the hands of me! ...
- Did You Never Know
Did you never know, long ago, how much you loved me,
That your love would never lessen and never go?
You were young then, proud and fresh-hearted,
You were too young to know. ...
- To A Picture Of Eleonora Duse As "francesca Da Rimini"
Oh flower-sweet face and bended flower-like head!
Oh violet whose purple cannot pale,
Or forest fragrance ever faint or fail,
Or breath and beauty pass among the dead! ...
Top 10 most used topics by Sara TeasdaleLove 137 I Love You 137 Night 121 Heart 119 Sea 91 Long 72 Light 69 Never 68 Wind 68 Song 62
Sara Teasdale Quotes
- Beauty, more than bitterness Makes the heart break.
- Can I ever know you Or you know me
- Can I ever know you Or you know me?
- I have no riches but my thoughts. Yet these are wealth enough for me.
- I make the most of all that comes, And the least of all that goes.
Comments about Sara Teasdale
- Zeeshanjaanam: the exquisite sara teasdale. april.
- Trixiesmarbles: life is but thought. - sara teasdale
- Followmechina: i make the most of all that comes, and the least of all that goes. ~sara teasdale
- Poetrypotion: "i saw above a sea of hills a solitary planet shine, and there was no one, near or far, to keep the world from being mine." ~sara teasdale
- Usacontestsonl1: quote of the day: "life is but thought." - sara teasdale