Who is Sapphoancient Greek lyric poet from Lesbos For other uses, see Sappho (disambiguation). Head of a woman from the Glyptothek in Munich, identified as "probably" a copy of Silanion's fourth-century BC imaginative portrait of Sappho Sappho (/ˈsæfoʊ/; Aeolic Greek Ψαπφώ Psapphô; c. 630 – c. 570 BC) was an A...
Read Full Biography
- No Word
I have had not one word from her
Frankly I wish I were dead.
When she left, she wept ...
- To A Bride
Bride, around whom the rosy leaves are flying,
Sweet image of the Cyprian undying,
The bed awaits thee; go, and with him lying,
Give to the groom thy sweetness, softly sighing. ...
- An Epithalamium
Fragments 91, 92, 99, 106, 104, 103, 100, 105, 101, 102, 96, 109, 93, 94, 97, 95, and 133 combined.
Raise high the beams of the raftered hall,
(Sing the Hymen-refrain!) ...
- Thy Form Is Lovely
Thy form is lovely and thine eyes are honeyed,
O'er thy face the pale
Clear light of love lies like a veil.
Bidding thee rise, ...
- The Anactoria Poem
Some say thronging cavalry, some say foot soldiers,
others call a fleet the most beautiful of
sights the dark earth offers, but I say it's what-
ever you love best. ...
Top 10 most used topics by SapphoI Love You 33 Love 33 Heart 16 Sweet 15 Aphrodite 12 Earth 12 Light 11 Mother 11 Child 11 Golden 11
Comments about Sappho
- Misandryaa: sappho and a “friend”
- Yeljyieun: do not do that* god.. i've never been the type of person to joke around this publicly but holy cow? that's some shit you have there sappho :3 like it makes everyone to have "friends" desperately.
- Miraniawright: lady dimitrescu isn’t a titan of sappho, she’s the titan of sappho
- Botkickass: a kickass lusca software developer waving the sappho flag.
- Starglxy: due to personal reasons i need to b kissed rn