Who is Saadi ShiraziMuslih-ud-Din Mushrif ibn-Abdullah ShiraziSaadi in a Rose garden, from a Mughal manuscript of his work Gulistan, c. 1645Born1210
Shiraz, IranDied1291 or 1292
Read Full Biography
Saadi Shirazi Poems
- Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 21
Loqman, being asked from whom he had learnt civility, replied: â??From those who had no civility because what appeared to me unbecoming in them I refrained from doing.â??
Not a word is said even in sport
Without an intelligent man taking advice thereby. ...
- Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 27
If every night were to be the night of Qadr, the night of Qadr would be without Qadr.
If all stones were rubies of Badakhshan,
The price of rubies and of stones would be the same....
- Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 19
Life is in the keeping of a single breath and the world is an existence between two annihilations. Those who sell the religion for the world â??are assesâ??, they sell Joseph but what do â??they buyâ??? Did I not command you, O sons of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan?
On the word of a foe thou hast broken faith with a friend.
See from whom thou hast cut thyself off and to whom united....
- Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 75
The gambler requires three sixes and only three aces turn up.
The pasture is a thousand times more pleasant than the racecourse
But the steed has not the bridle at its option....
- Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Maxim 51
A man without virility is a woman and an avaricious devote is a highway robber.
O thou, who hast put on a white robe for a show,
To be approved of men, whilst the book of thy acts is black. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Saadi ShiraziStory 175 Life 153 Good 61 Heart 52 World 52 Time 51 God 51 Head 51 People 50 King 39
Saadi Shirazi Quotes
Comments about Saadi Shirazi
- Baburzaiizhar: shaykh saadi shirazi (may allah have mercy on him) said: even if you make a thousand mistakes, you still love yourself. but if someone else makes a mistake, you hate him,. so either stop making yourself mistakes or to learn forgive others.
- Masoodi_waseem: if you will fly to love, your wings will burn. saadi shirazi. what is the purpose of wings if you are not flying to love? maulana rumi. who will cares about wings once you have reached love? yunus emre.
- Herdadefozdarep: “a traveller without observation is a bird without wings.” — saadi shirazi
- __endog: o man of god, follow the way of god. unlucky is he who turns his head away from this door for he will find no other door. saadi shirazi ❦
- Jcolag: dost thou desire that thine own heart should not suffer, redeem thou the sufferer from the bonds of misery. saadi shīrāzī