Who is Robert Louis StevensonRobert Louis Stevenson (13 November 1850 – 3 December 1894) was a Scottish novelist and travel writer, most noted for Treasure Island, Kidnapped, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and A Child's Garden of Verses.
Born and educated in Edinburgh, Stevenson suffered from serious bronchial trouble for much of his life, but continued to write prolifically and travel widely, in defiance of his poor health. As a young man, he mixed in London literary circles, receiving encouragement from Andrew Lang, Edmund Gosse, Leslie Stephen and W. E. Henley, the last of whom may have provided the model for Long John Silver in Treasure Island. His travels took him to France, America and Australia, before he finally settled in Samoa, where he died.
A celebrity in ...
Read Full Biography
Robert Louis Stevenson Poems
- Prière De Mariage
Seigneur, voici notre famille assemblée ici.
Nous vous remercions pour ce lieu dans lequel nous habitons,
pour l'amour qui nous unit,
pour la paix qui nous est accordée aujourd'hui, ...
Herr, siehe, unsere Familie hier versammelt.
Wir danken Ihnen für diesen Ort, an dem wir wohnen.
für die Liebe, die uns verbindet,
denn der Friede, der uns heute gewährt wurde, ...
- Oración De La Boda
Señor, mira a nuestra familia aquí reunida.
Te agradecemos por este lugar en el que vivimos,
por el amor que nos une
por la paz que nos ha otorgado este día, ...
- Come From The Daisied Meadows
HOME from the daisied meadows, where you linger yet -
Home, golden-headed playmate, ere the sun is set;
For the dews are falling fast
And the night has come at last. ...
- Block City
What are you able to build with your blocks?
Castles and palaces, temples and docks.
Rain may keep raining, and others go roam,
But I can be happy and building at home. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Robert Louis StevensonI Love You 56 Love 56 Heart 50 Sea 47 Night 47 Life 46 Sun 42 Hear 38 Long 37 Great 37
Robert Louis Stevenson Quotes
- A friend is a present you give yourself.
- Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others.
- Marriage: a long conversation chequered by disputes.
- No man is useless while he has a friend.
- That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.
Comments about Robert Louis Stevenson
- Gordontredgold: keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others. - robert louis stevenson
- Matteo60392017: "there is no duty we so underrate as the duty of being happy. by being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world." -robert louis stevenson
- Mintalviharju83: keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – robert louis stevenson courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” -napoléon bonaparte
- Kulasangdampi: don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. - robert louis stevenson
- Sociotrip: “for my part, i travel not to go anywhere, but to go. i travel for travel’s sake. the great affair is to move.” – robert louis stevenson