Who is Rabindranath TagoreRabindranath Tagore ( (listen); Bengali: রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর; 7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941) was a Bengali polymath who worked as a poet, writer, playwright, composer, philosopher, social reformer and painter. He reshaped Bengali literature and music as well as Indian art with Contextual Modernism in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Author of the "profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful" poetry of Gitanjali, he became in 1913 the first non-European and the first lyricist to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. Tagore's poetic songs were viewed as spiritual and mercurial; however, his "elegant prose and magical poetry" remain largely unknown outside Bengal. He was a fellow of the Royal Asiatic Society. Referred to as "the Bard of Bengal", Tagore was know...
Read Full Biography of Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore Poems
- Free Love
By all means they try to hold me secure who love me in this world.
But it is otherwise with thy love which is greater than theirs,
and thou keepest me free.
- The Rainy Day
Sullen clouds are gathering fast over the black fringe of the
O child, do not go out!
The palm trees in a row by the lake are smiting their heads ...
- Strong Mercy
My desires are many and my cry is pitiful,
but ever didst thou save me by hard refusals;
and this strong mercy has been wrought into my life through and through.
- The Gardener Lvii: I Plucked Your Flower
I plucked your flower, O world!
I pressed it to my heart and the
When the day waned and it ...
Life of my life, I shall ever try to keep my body pure, knowing
that thy living touch is upon all my limbs.
I shall ever try to keep all untruths out from my thoughts, knowing ...
Top 10 most used topics by Rabindranath TagoreHeart 97 Life 66 Love 63 I Love You 63 Night 60 Sky 59 Light 56 Time 52 World 51 Away 49
Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
- Death is not extinguishing the light It is simply putting out the lamp Because the dawn has come
- The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow. I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.
- In the mountain, stillness surges up to explore its own height In the lake, movement stands still to contemplate its own depth.
- Man is immortal therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea it can only find itself in changing forms.
- Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.
Comments about Rabindranath TagoreMukhtijoddha: no fear - rabindranath tagore (powerful life poetry)
Toddm53izjaspre: rabindranath tagore with hellen keller new york 1930.
Belindagreb: "age considers; youth ventures." rabindranath tagore baby seal popping up to say hi by belinda greb
Corbanioana: "if there is a force in the world, which can completely overcome fear, destroy all danger, remain indifferent to all harm even in the face of death, this force is love." – rabindranath tagore "love, like light, does not remain hidden." – rabindranath tagore
Twisterhero59: “you can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” ~ rabindranath tagore
Read All Comments