Who is Percy Bysshe Shelley...
Read Full Biography of Percy Bysshe Shelley
Percy Bysshe Shelley Poems
- Mont Blanc. Lines Written In The Vale Of Chamouni
The everlasting universe of things
Flows through the mind, and rolls its rapid waves,
Now dark - now glittering - now reflecting gloom - ...
- Fragment: 'the Viewless And Invisible Consequence'
The viewless and invisible Consequence
Watches thy goings-out, and comings-in,
And...hovers o'er thy guilty sleep,
Unveiling every new-born deed, and thoughts ...
- Fragment: 'is It That In Some Brighter Sphere'
Is it that in some brighter sphere
We part from friends we meet with here?
Or do we see the Future pass
Over the Present's dusky glass? ...
- Lines Written On Hearing The News Of The Death Of Napoleon
What! alive and so bold, O Earth?
Art thou not overbold?
What! leapest thou forth as of old
In the light of thy morning mirth, ...
- The Daemon Of The World. A Fragment
Nec tantum prodere vati,
Quantum scire licet. Venit aetas omnis in unam ...
Top 10 most used topics by Percy Bysshe ShelleyEarth 154 Sweet 140 Spirit 140 I Love You 131 Love 131 Soul 117 Cold 112 Light 108 Wild 106 Bright 105
Percy Bysshe Shelley Quotes
- We look before and after, And pine for what is not Our sincerest laughter With some pain is fraught Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.
- Fear not for the future, weep not for the past.
- Music, when soft voices die, Vibrates in the memory; Odors, when sweet violets sicken, Live within the sense they quicken.
- We are all Greeks. Our laws, our literature, our religion, our arts, have their root in Greece.
- I love tranquil solitude And such society As is quiet, wise, and good.
Comments about Percy Bysshe ShelleyC65071: equality in possessions must be the last result of the utmost refinements of civilization; it is one of the conditions of that system of society towards which, with whatever hope of ultimate success, it is our duty to tend.,percy bysshe shelley, the major works,equality,
Idrisdurgun128: “our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.” –percy bysshe shelley
Garrensusan: the sunlight claps the earth, and the moonbeams kiss the sea: what are all these kissings worth, if thou kiss not me? ~percy bysshe shelley~
Shelleyproject: we're certainly looking forward to the long-awaited opening of the new shelley gallery at horsham museum next month on the 7th of april.
Truejsoa: to be omnipotent but friendless is to reign. ~percy bysshe shelley
Read All Comments