Who is Paulo CoelhoPaulo Coelho de Souza (, Portuguese: [ˈpawlu kuˈeʎu]; born 24 August 1947) is a Brazilian lyricist and novelist and a member of the Brazilian Academy of Letters since 2002. His novel The Alchemist became an international best-seller and he has published 28 more books since then.
Paulo Coelho was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and attended a Jesuit school. At 17, Coelho's parents committed him to a mental institution from which he escaped three times before being released at the age of 20. Coelho later remarked that "It wasn't that they wanted to hurt me, but they didn't know what to do... They did not do that to destroy me, they did that to save me."
At his parents' wishes, Coelho enrolled in law school and abandoned his dream of becoming a w...
Read Full Biography of Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Paulo Coelho
Paulo Coelho Quotes
- Publishing is in a kind of Jurassic age.
- We want to answer this classical question, who am I? So I think that most of our works are for art, or whatever we do, including science or religion, tried to answer that question.
- Beauty is the greatest seducer of man.
- Every day I try to be in communication with the universe in an unconscious way.
- I was not encouraged to follow the career of a writer because my parents thought that I was going to starve to death. They thought nobody can make a living from being a writer in Brazil. They were not wrong.
Comments about Paulo CoelhoPsychepoetry: be brave take risk. nothing can substitute experience. — paulo coelho
Justice78602373: when we love, we always strive to become better than we are. when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — paulo coelho lifelong bond with sushant
Optionsgurukul: "if it costs you your peace, it's too expensive." - paulo coelho
Abidajan9494: "first it hurts, then it changes us." – paulo coelho.
Lawofthinking: “only two things can reveal life's great secrets: suffering and love.” ~ paulo coelho
Read All Comments