Who is EuripidesEuripides (/jʊəˈrɪpɪdiːz/; Greek: Εὐριπίδης Eurīpídēs, pronounced [eu̯.riː.pí.dɛːs]; c. 480 – c. 406 BC) was a tragedian of classical Athens. Along with Aeschylus and Sophocles, he is one of the three ancient Greek tragedians for whom any plays have survived in full. Some ancient scholars attributed ninety-five plays to him, but the Suda says it was ninety-two at most. Of these, eighteen or nineteen have survived more or less complete (Rhesus is suspect). There are many fragments (some substantial) of most of his other plays. More of his plays have survived intact than those of Aeschylus and Sophocles together, partly because his popularity grew as theirs declined—he became, in the Hellenistic Age, a cornerstone of ancient literar...
Read Full Biography
Top 10 most used topics by Euripides
- Youth is the best time to be rich, and the best time to be poor.
- It's not beauty but fine qualities, my girl, that keep a husband.
- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.
- Events will take their course, it is no good of being angry at them he is happiest who wisely turns them to the best account.
- Silence is true wisdom's best reply.
Comments about Euripides
- Geomsnft: "mighty is geometry, joined with art, resistless." - euripides
- Jaypatel_69: "one loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives." - euripides
- Advsukhpreet1: "one loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives." - euripides
- Masonicfind: ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - euripides
- Chikaodivivian: i’m looking for d title of a play & d playwright’s name. it’s an old classic play. the characters are authors; aeschylus, plato, euripides, et al. in the play, d writer is searching for the best playwright that can solve the problem in the society as other playwrights couldn’t.