Who is Paul EluardPaul ÉluardÉluard c. 1911BornEugène Émile Paul Grindel
(1895-12-14)14 December 1895
Saint-Denis, FranceDied18 November 1952(1952-11-18) (aged 56)
Charenton-le-Pont, FranceOccupationWriterPeriod20th century
Read Full Biography
Paul Eluard Poems
If I speak itâ??s to hear you more clearly
If I hear you Iâ??m sure to understand you
If you smile itâ??s the better to enter me ...
- Other Children
"Little child of my five senses
and of my tenderness."
Let us cradle our loves,
We will have good children. ...
A few grains of dust more or less
On ancient shoulders
Locks of weakness on weary foreheads
This theatre of honey and faded roses ...
- Uninterrupted Poetry
From the sea to the source
From mountain to plain
Runs the phantom of life
The foul shadow of death ...
I am in front of this feminine land
Like a child in front of the fire
Smiling vaguely with tears in my eyes
In front of this land where all moves in me ...
Top 10 most used topics by Paul EluardI Love You 20 Love 20 Sky 15 Earth 14 Heart 13 Night 13 Fire 12 Life 11 Speak 11 Sleep 10
Paul Eluard Quotes
Comments about Paul Eluard
- Jeannettemgomes: i can’t stop thinking about the time i borrowed a book of paul eluard’s poetry from the library and how the librarian said that no one had checked it out in 15 years and that i could probably keep it forever and no one would notice
- Tly_gl: anna karina reads capital of pain by french surrealist poet paul Éluard in alphaville, directed by jean-luc godard, 1965
- Umadlpisani: lady love she is standing on my lids and her hair is in my hair she has the colour of my eye she has the body of my hand in my shade she is engulfed as a stone against the sky she will never close her eyes and she does not let me sleep paul Éluard (translated samuel beckett)
- Karolcummins: “during the summer 1929, the poet paul eluard and his wife elena (gala) return visit to the painter in his house of cadaques. it is the thunderbolt between dalí and this woman. she will be his “surrealist muse”, the inspirer of his life and work. “
- Lazarusx333666: what is you murmured to me about perfection i whispered to you about harmony said paul eluard i whispered to you about balance said christine but you fell anyway