Who is Paul EluardPaul ÉluardÉluard c. 1911BornEugène Émile Paul Grindel
(1895-12-14)14 December 1895
Saint-Denis, FranceDied18 November 1952(1952-11-18) (aged 56)
Charenton-le-Pont, FranceOccupationWriterPeriod20th century
Read Full Biography
Paul Eluard Poems
If I speak itâ??s to hear you more clearly
If I hear you Iâ??m sure to understand you
If you smile itâ??s the better to enter me ...
- Other Children
"Little child of my five senses
and of my tenderness."
Let us cradle our loves,
We will have good children. ...
A few grains of dust more or less
On ancient shoulders
Locks of weakness on weary foreheads
This theatre of honey and faded roses ...
- Uninterrupted Poetry
From the sea to the source
From mountain to plain
Runs the phantom of life
The foul shadow of death ...
I am in front of this feminine land
Like a child in front of the fire
Smiling vaguely with tears in my eyes
In front of this land where all moves in me ...
Top 10 most used topics by Paul EluardI Love You 20 Love 20 Sky 15 Earth 14 Heart 13 Night 13 Fire 12 Life 11 Speak 11 Sleep 10
Paul Eluard Quotes
Comments about Paul Eluard
- Fspdbot: i’m the last on your path. the last springtime. the last snow. the last struggle not to die. - paul Éluard’s “the phoenix”
- Raj65025523: "between duty and restlessness this rough life hesitates. here everything smells like grass. all over the sky, in the sky, the flight of swallows distracts us, makes us think ... i think a quiet hope. " paul eluard ✍️
- Fundada: my favorite poem ("the she of always, everything" by paul eluard), fortuitous lighting, a picasso portrait, and me.
- Godapocalypta: paul eluard's rampaging elephant...
- Adaspota: french illustrator valentine hugo. an active participant with the french surrealists between 1930-36, and the foremost illustrator of paul Éluard's work, she first exhibited with the surrealists in 1933. untitled (object of symbolic function, 1931)