Who is Patrick BrontePatrick Brontë (/ˈbrɒnti/, commonly /-teɪ/; 17 March 1777 – 7 June 1861) was an Irish Anglican priest and author who spent most of his adult life in England. He was the father of the writers Charlotte, Emily, and Anne Brontë, and of Branwell Brontë, his only son. Patrick outlived his wife, the former Maria Branwell, by forty years, by which time all of their children had died as well.
Origins Brontë married Maria Branwe...
Read Full Biography
Patrick Bronte Poems
- The Rainbow.
The shower is past, and the sky
O'erhead is both mild and serene,
Save where a few drops from on high,
Like gems, twinkle over the green: ...
- Epistle To A Young Clergyman.
"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 TIMOTHY ii. 15.
My youthful brother, oft I long
To write to you in prose or song; ...
- The Spider And The Fly.
The sun shines bright, the morning's fair,
The gossamers float on the air,
The dew-gems twinkle in the glare,
The spider's loom ...
- To The Rev. J. Gilpin, On His Improved Edition Of The "pilgrim's Progress."
When, Reverend Sir, your good design,
To clothe our Pilgrim gravely fine,
And give him gentler mien and gait,
First reached my ear, his doubtful fate ...
- Verses Sent To A Lady On Her Birthday.
The joyous day illumes the sky
That bids each care and sorrow fly
To shades of endless night:
E'en frozen age, thawed in the fires ...
Top 10 most used topics by Patrick BronteBright 20 Light 18 God 18 Good 16 I Love You 16 Love 16 Heart 14 Heaven 14 Life 14 Joy 14
Patrick Bronte Quotes
Comments about Patrick Bronte
- Nick_holland_: this grandfather clock stood, as it does now, in the middle flight of the stairway of haworth parsonage. patrick bronte wound it up every night. the clock was made by john barraclough who lived nearby on main street. his home is now the wonderful the hawthorn restaurant.
- Umar_khurshid_: anne bronte, painted by her brother patrick branwell.
- Brontecountry: this is
- Alibraryscience: on this day in 1812, patrick bronte married maria branwell at guiseley. three of their children grew up to take their place as the greatest writers in english literature.
- Wutheringhikes: brontë advent calendar day 2 the old bell chapel in thornton where patrick brontë was minister and anne, branwell, charlotte and emily were christened. now derelict, the date stone is inscribed 1587, 1612 & 1756.
Write your comment about Patrick Bronte
Clare Robinson: I'm looking for a poem written by Patrick Bronte on the eve of his daughter Charlotte's wedding.