Who is Padraic ColumPadraic Colum (8 December 1881 – 11 January 1972) was an Irish poet, novelist, dramatist, biographer, playwright, children's author and collector of folklore. He was one of the leading figures of the Irish Literary Revival.
Early life Portrait drawing of Colum by John B. Yeats, 1900s Colum was born Patrick Columb in a County Longford workhouse, where his father worked. He was the first of eight children born to Patrick and Susan Columb. When the fathe...
Read Full Biography
Padraic Colum Poems
- A Cradle Song
O men from the fields,
Come gently within.
Tread softly, softly
O men coming in! ...
- No Child
I HEARD in the night the pigeons
Stirring within their nest:
The wild pigeons' stir was tender,
Like a child's hand at the breast. ...
- Queen Gormlai
NOT fingers that e'er felt
Fine things within their hold
Drew needles in and through,
And smoothed out the fold, ...
- Young Girl: Annam
I AM a young girl;
I live here alone:
I write long letters
But there is no one ...
- Dedication: To M. C. M. C.
They come to it and take
Their cupful or their palmful out of it.
Top 10 most used topics by Padraic ColumNight 27 Heart 21 Sea 21 Fire 20 House 20 Dark 19 Hear 19 Never 18 Song 18 Long 18
Padraic Colum Quotes
Comments about Padraic Colum
- Longford_leader: longford celebrates poet padraic colum
- Longford_leader: virtual twist to longford's annual padraic colum gathering
- Boushehrimahdi: the children of odin audiobook by padraic colum part 1 chapters 1-2
- Creativelongfd: ahead of this year's padraic colum gathering taking place online this saturday, 15th may 2021, we are delighted to be able to share some memories of our very first event in september 2017:
- Longfrdheritage: join us for the padraic colum gathering this saturday, 15 may, taking place on ms teams. we have a lot of interesting talks lined up, along with a commemoration of the big tree of bunlahy with the schoolchildren of st. guasacht's, bunlahy: