Who is Nazim HikmetTurkish
Epic traditionOrhonDede KorkutKöroğlu
Folk traditionFolk literatureFolklore
Read Full Biography
Nazim Hikmet Poems
- Lion In An Iron Cage
Look at the lion in the iron cage,
look deep into his eyes:
like two naked steel daggers
they sparkle with anger. ...
- Regarding Art
Sometimes, I, too, tell the ah's
of my heart one by one
like the blood-red beads
of a ruby rosary strung ...
- Our Eyes
drops of water.
In each drop exists ...
You are my enslavement and my freedom
You are my flesh burning like a raw summer night
You are my country
You are the green silks in hazel eyes ...
- Gioconda And Si-ya-u
to the memory of my friend SI-YA-U,
whose head was cut off in Shanghai
A CLAIM ...
Top 10 most used topics by Nazim HikmetLive 14 I Love You 13 Love 13 Life 12 World 11 Long 11 Heart 11 Never 11 Water 11 Head 10
Nazim Hikmet Quotes
Comments about Nazim Hikmet
- Senolcolaks: why "open source software", answer is freedom and brotherhood which comes from our beloved poet nazım hikmet ran "to live, single and free like a tree but brotherhood like a forest. this is the will." - nazım hikmet
- John_furie: i have always loved nazim hikmet's poem "things i didn't know i loved" at gives a unique perspective on freedom and loneliness. it's one of my go to poems when i feel lonesome.
- Rojotortoise: come she said stay she said smile she said die she said i came i stayed i smiled i died - vera ― nâzım hikmet, poems of nazım hikmet art josephine wall
- Rojotortoise: the most beautiful sea hasn't been crossed yet the most beautiful child hasn't grown up yet our most beautiful days we haven't seen yet and the most beautiful words i wanted to tell you i haven't said yet...” ― nâzım hikmet, poems of nazım hikmet
- Ragipsoylu: first ever known photograph of turkish legendary poet nazim hikmet. he is just 18 years old.
Write your comment about Nazim Hikmet
Rami Maroun: ”You'll put your foot down and live. to spite the enemy. Part of you may live alone inside, like a tone at the bottom of a well”.
This quote states that even those in liking of something unusual have the right to some freedoms. They have the freedoms of choosing whether they give up hope, or of choosing if they eat or become sick, or choosing discolored they behave or not.