Who is Morgan FreemanMorgan Freeman (born June 1, 1937) is an American actor, director and narrator. He has appeared in a range of film genres portraying character roles and is particularly known for his distinctive deep voice. Freeman is the recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Born in Memphis, Tennessee, Freeman was raised in Mississippi where he began acting in school plays. He studied theatre arts in Los Angeles and appeared in stage productions in his early career. He rose to fame in the 1970s for his role in the children's television series The Electric Company. Freeman then appeared in the Shakespearean plays Coriolanus and Julius Caesar, the former of which earned him an Obie Award. His breakout role was i...
Read Full Biography
Morgan Freeman Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Morgan Freeman
Morgan Freeman Quotes
- I knew at an early age I wanted to act. Acting was always easy for me. I don't believe in predestination, but I do believe that once you get where ever it is you are going, that is where you were going to be.
- Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.
- As you grow in this business, you learn how to do more with less.
- I feel fine, I don't care who the director is. All you have to do is know what your doing - all of us - everybody in the business - that's all you ask anyone - you know your job, I know mine, let's go do it.
- If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn't worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it's life or death.
Comments about Morgan Freeman
- Hilbabe: *morgan freeman voice* and, as usual, jorts was right.
- Njgalea: i don't quite understand the context of using a quote about black people from the 90's movie blast from the past (fun movie though) under a unrelated photo of morgan freeman of which the original caption was "ahhhhh kill it!" or if it's supposed to be an in joke or whatever.
- Vinonymous69: why the hell is morgan freeman doing turkish airline commercials
- Musezack: for friday night, how about a little sophocles meets american gospel music in this amazing number from the gospel at colonus? watch for a much younger morgan freeman at the 3.20 mark!
- Nadinealan1: morgan freeman reads