Who is MoliereMolièrePortrait of Molière by Pierre Mignard (c. 1658)BornJean-Baptiste Poquelin
before 15 January 1622
Paris, Kingdom of France
Read Full Biography
Top 10 most used topics by Moliere
- A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
- The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.
- Ah! how annoying that the law doesn't allow a woman to change husbands just as one does shirts.
- There are pretenders to piety as well as to courage.
- Some of the most famous books are the least worth reading. Their fame was due to their having done something that needed to be doing in their day. The work is done and the virtue of the book has expired.
Comments about Moliere
- Aguedita68: france marks 400 years of moliere, master of stage and satire
- Newsaxes: celebrating moliere’s enduring legacy, 400 years on
- Delafina777: 1) don’t use this as an excuse for islamophobia. 2) don’t use this as an excuse to be anti-immigrant. 3) don’t alllivesmatter this. it’s not an attack on “all religious people.” it’s an attack on jews. center the victims.
- Stephaniebusari: one of the best parts of my french degree was discovering the works of molière, the master satirist. i miss reading classic french literature and should do it more.
- Worstall: questions in the telegraph we can answer: no "france celebrates 400 years of molière - but is he as good as shakespeare?" 'ee's foreign, inn'e?