Who is Martin ScorseseMartin Charles Scorsese (; Italian: [skorˈseːze, -se]; born November 17, 1942) is an American film director, producer, screenwriter and actor. He is the recipient of many accolades, including an Academy Award, three Primetime Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, four British Academy Film Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and two Directors Guild of America Awards. Scorsese has received various honors including the AFI Life Achievement Award in 1997, the Kennedy Center Honor in 2007, and the BAFTA Fellowship in 2012. Five of his films have been inducted into the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant".
Scorsese received an MA from New York University's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development in 19...
Read Full Biography of Martin Scorsese
Martin Scorsese Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Martin Scorsese
Martin Scorsese Quotes
- Being a father at a later age is different from when I had my other two daughters when I was in my 20s and 30s. If you're in your 60s and you're with the kid every day, you're dealing with the mind of a child, so it opens up that childishness in you again.
- I don't like being in houses alone.
- Our world is so glutted with useless information, images, useless images, sounds, all this sort of thing. It's a cacophony, it's like a madness I think that's been happening in the past twenty-five years. And I think anything that can help a person sit in a room alone and not worry about it is good.
- Film in the 20th century, it's the American art form, like jazz.
- It seems to me that any sensible person must see that violence does not change the world and if it does, then only temporarily.
Comments about Martin ScorseseLostinfilm: on this day, february 8, 1976, one of the defining masterpieces of new hollywood and modern cinema had its world premiere in new york city: martin scorsese's ‘taxi driver’.
Sergiofordy: taxi driver, directed by martin scorsese. release date: february 8, 1976 (new york city, new york) (premiere). robert de niro and peter boyle. “bad ideas in ny head” scene.
Kitschkong: released february 8, 1976, taxi driver is an american psychological thriller film directed by martin scorsese, written by paul schrader, and starring robert de niro, jodie foster, cybill shepherd, harvey keitel, peter boyle, leonard harris, and albert brooks.
Murraymaker: in film history, february 8, 1976, martin scorsese's taxi driver premiered. starring robert de niro, jodie foster, cybill shepherd, harvey keitel, peter boyle, and albert brooks, it was nominated for 4 academy awards and is one of the best films of the 1970s.
Sstanisevski: on this day, february 8, 1976, one of the defining masterpieces of new hollywood and modern cinema had its world premiere in new york city: martin scorsese's ‘taxi driver’.
Read All Comments