Who is Marian Wright EdelmanMarian Wright Edelman (born June 6, 1939) is an American activist for civil rights and children's rights. She is the founder and president emerita of the Children's Defense Fund. She influenced leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr. and Hillary Clinton.
Marian Wright was born June 6, 1939, in Bennettsville, South Carolina. Her father was Arthur Jerome Wright, a Baptist minister, and her mother was Maggie Leola Bowen. Marian's father encouraged her education before he died, after a heart attack in 1953, when she was 14.
She went to Marlboro Training High School in Bennettsville, where she graduated in 1956, going on to Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia.Due to her academic achievement, she was awarded a Merrill scholar...
Read Full Biography of Marian Wright Edelman
Marian Wright Edelman Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Marian Wright Edelman
Marian Wright Edelman Quotes
- Children under five are the poorest age group in America, and one in four infants, toddlers and preschoolers are poor during the years of greatest brain development.
- Parents have become so convinced that educators know what is best for their children that they forget that they themselves are really the experts.
- If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time.
- No person has the right to rain on your dreams.
- Together we can and must fight for justice for our children and protect them from draconian tax cuts and budget choices that threaten their survival, education and preparation for the future. If they are not ready for tomorrow, neither is America.
Comments about Marian Wright EdelmanVic154137: “failure is just another way to learn how to do something right.” ~ marian wright edelman
Sabinanjer77501: hunger and malnutrition have devastating consequences for children and have been linked to low birth weight and birth defects, obesity, mental and physical health problems, and poorer educational outcomes.,marian wright edelman,children, problems ,
Seiyabaske5: “failure is just another way to learn how to do something right.” ~ marian wright edelman
Kei0602852: “failure is just another way to learn how to do something right.” ~ marian wright edelman
0721enenxxx: “failure is just another way to learn how to do something right.” ~ marian wright edelman
Read All Comments