Who is Lech Walesa...
Read Full Biography
Lech Walesa Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Lech Walesa
Lech Walesa Quotes
- The thing that lies at the foundation of positive change, the way I see it, is service to a fellow human being.
- The politicians always told us that the Cold War stand-off could only change by way of nuclear war. None of them believed that such systemic change was possible.
- You have riches and freedom here but I feel no sense of faith or direction. You have so many computers, why don't you use them in the search for love?
- I use many different gadgets connected with computers I use PCs, laptops and a Palm Pilot. I also use the Internet to visit websites, especially within Polish-language Internet. I usually go to political discussion groups and sites - of course, as I use my real name, people never believe that they are chatting with me!
- Lying at the root of the social agreements of 1980 are the courage, sense of responsibility, and the solidarity of the working people. Both sides have then recognized that an accord must be reached if bloodshed is to be prevented.
Comments about Lech Walesa
- William05958712: today in a. h. - august 14th, 1862 - the confederate invasion of kentucky begins, but will later be thwarted at the battle of perryville; 1935 - fdr signs the social security act; 1980 - polish workers led by lech walesa seize lenin shipyard in gdansk.
- Coldwarminute: august 14: the cold war minute by david guerra:
- Fxmc1957: 14 august 1980. solidarity, the soviet bloc’s first independent trade union, led a strike at the gdańsk shipyards in poland. the protest was led by lech wałęsa, who later served as the first post 1945 democratically-elected president of poland from 1990 to 1995.
- Charles03816030: i’m old enough to remember when the british press were right behind lech walesa, the polish trade union leader whose powerful, eloquent and passionate rhetoric brought down an evil and corrupt regime and ultimately ended the soviet union.
- Sandrachitayat: so at that time, poland, bulgaria & hungary joined this invasion. w/lech walesa & the dock workers, this fight was soon turned around & resistance brought down the wall 21 years later. they saw the light, & the writing on the wall. ukraine strives to retain its sovereign land now