Who is Louise Imogen GuineyFor other people with this last name, see Guiney. ca. 1900 Louise Imogen Guiney (January 17, 1861 – November 2, 1920) was an American poet, essayist and editor, born in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
Read Full Biography
Louise Imogen Guiney Poems
- A Seventeenth-century Song
She alone of Shepherdesses
With her blue disdayning eyes,
Wo'd not hark a Kyng that dresses
All his lute in sighes: ...
- Among The Flags
In Doric Hall, Massachussetts State House
Dear witnesses, all-luminous, eloquent,
Stacked thickly on the tessellated floor! ...
- Brook Farm
Down the long road, bent and brown,
Youth, that dearly loves a vision,
Ventures to the gate Elysian,
As a pilgrim from the town. ...
- Sunday Chimes In The City
Across the bridge, where in the morning blow
The wrinkled tide turns homeward, and is fain
Homeward to drag the balck sea-goer's chain,
And the long yards by Dowgate dipping low; ...
- The Atoning Yesterday
Ye daffodilian days, whose fallen towers
Shielded our paradisal prime from ill,
Fair Past, fair motherhood! let come what will,
We, being yours, defy the anarch powers. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Louise Imogen GuineyI Love You 13 Love 13 Heart 12 Long 12 Sea 9 Night 9 Wind 8 Light 8 Sun 7 Star 7
Louise Imogen Guiney Quotes
Comments about Louise Imogen Guiney
- Lovecarousel: the light of the house by louise imogen guiney
- Hc_libs: this week, the archives department is working on the guiney family papers. a large part of the collection are the works of 19th century poet, louise imogen guiney. guiney published her first book of poetry when she was only 23 years old, songs at the start. (1/3)
- Bcirishstudies: next week! - burns scholar lecture, 3/31: fearghal mcgarry:
- Lovecarousel: your name is as a spell midway of speech and thought - louise imogen guiney
- Achahistory: the collection also includes papers and visual materials of alumnae and friends: journalist and writer katherine anne porter, poet louise imogen guiney, members of the kennedy family, photographer imogen cunningham, and artists nina barr wheeler and hildreth meiere 5/