Who is Katharine HepburnKatharine Houghton Hepburn (May 12, 1907 – June 29, 2003) was an American actress of film, stage and television. Hepburn's career as a Hollywood leading lady spanned over 60 years. She was known for her headstrong independence, spirited personality and outspokenness, cultivating a screen persona that matched this public image, and regularly playing strong-willed, sophisticated women. Her work was in a range of genres, from screwball comedy to literary drama, and earned her various accolades, including four Academy Awards for Best Actress—a record for any performer. In 1999, Hepburn was named the greatest female star of classic Hollywood cinema by the American Film Institute.
Raised in Connecticut by wealthy, progressive parents, Hepburn began to act while at Bryn Mawr College....
Read Full Biography of Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn Quotes
- Dressing up is a bore. At a certain age, you decorate yourself to attract the opposite sex, and at a certain age, I did that. But I'm past that age.
- I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they're good or there because they're lucky.
- It's a business you go into because your an egocentric. It's a very embarrassing profession.
- We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers - but never blame yourself. It's never your fault. But it's always your fault, because if you wanted to change you're the one who has got to change.
- Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.
Comments about Katharine HepburnPhilossa155: “if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – katharine hepburn
X72oe: “if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – katharine hepburn
Ivaannns87: “if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – katharine hepburn
Sadsadegfd: "love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything." –katharine hepburn
Asdggd7d: "love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything." –katharine hepburn
Read All Comments