Who is Jonathan Safran FoerJonathan Safran Foer (; born February 21, 1977) is an American novelist. He is known for his novels Everything Is Illuminated (2002), Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2005), Here I Am (2016), and for his non-fiction works Eating Animals (2009) and We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast (2019). He teaches creative writing at New York University.
Early life and education
Safran Foer was born in Washington, D.C. as the son of Albert Foer, a lawyer and president of the American Antitrust Institute, and Esther Safran Foer, a child of Holocaust survivors born in Poland, who is now Senior Advisor at the Sixth & I Historic Synagogue. Safran Foer is the middle son of a Jewish family. His older brother, Franklin, is a former editor of The New Republic an...
Read Full Biography of Jonathan Safran Foer
Jonathan Safran Foer Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Jonathan Safran Foer
Jonathan Safran Foer Quotes
- There's no being wrong in seeing something in art, only being disagreed with.
- Literature has drawn a funny perimeter that other art forms haven't.
- Food is not just what we put in our mouths to fill up it is culture and identity. Reason plays some role in our decisions about food, but it's rarely driving the car.
- Maybe one day the world will change, that we'll be in a luxurious position of being able to debate whether or not it's inherently wrong to eat animals, but the question doesn't matter right now.
- When it comes to meat, change is almost always cast as an absolute. You are a vegetarian or you are not.
Comments about Jonathan Safran FoerOf_dianag: “and how can you say i love you to someone you love? here is the point of everything i have been trying to tell you, oskar. it's always necessary. i love you.” — extremely loud & incredibly close, jonathan safran foer
Amybarnes00007: “you cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”- - - jonathan safran foer
Consciousbeats8: “songs are as sad as the listener.”―jonathan safran foer
Miroslavapsic: “the only way to overcome sadness is to consume it”. jonathan safran foer
Gabrielkahane: folks in the tri-state area, some fun things coming up next week w/ anais mitchell, jonathan safran foer, paul muldoon, and ange mlinko! tickets for the solo show are moving quickly, so snag 'em while you can...
Read All Comments