Who is Jeffrey Kluger
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead. Jeffrey Kluger Jeffrey Kluger (born 1954) is a senior writer at Time magazine and author of nine books on various topics, such as The Narcissist Next Door (2014); Splendid Solution: Jonas Salk and the Conquest of Polio (2005); The Sibling Effect (2011); and Lost Moon: The Peril...
Read Full Biography
Jeffrey Kluger Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Jeffrey Kluger
Jeffrey Kluger Quotes
- There are a lot of downsides to being male. We age faster and die younger. But give us this: we're lifetime baby-making machines. Women's reproductive abilities start to wane when they're as young as 35. Men? We're good to go pretty much till we're dead.
- Older fatherhood isn't all bad: testosterone rates drop about 1% per year as men age, making them less reactive and more patient, and a professionally established middle-aged man is likely to have more time and money to devote to his kids than a twenty-something who's just getting started.
- Credit or debit cards, for starters, are nothing short of shoppers' Novocain. Even in the age of digital purchases and virtual money, we still attach a special value to dirty paper with pictures of presidents on it. Handing some of that to a cashier simply hurts more than handing over a little sliver of plastic.
- When it comes to raising civilized kids there are no hard rules, but there are two things on which most parents agree: Boys are generally wilder than girls, and adolescents are wilder than kids of any other age. If you've got an adolescent boy, you're in the sweet spot for trouble.
- At the root of the shy temperament is a deep fear of social judgment, one so severe it can sometimes be crippling. Introverted people don't worry unduly about whether they'll be found wanting, they just find too much socializing exhausting and would prefer either to be alone or in the company of a select few people.
Comments about Jeffrey Kluger
- Billford: 4 of 5 stars to holdout by jeffrey kluger
- Countryman4ever: 5 of 5 stars to the narcissist next door by jeffrey kluger
- Sophial_24: "the power of a sibling who knows everything about you, who knows the family you grew up in, who carries half your genes — there's nothing quite like that." —jeffrey kluger jab tejasswi met pra
- Firdousja: "the power of a sibling who knows everything about you, who knows the family you grew up in, who carries half your genes - there's nothing quite like that." - jeffrey kluger jab tejasswi met pra
- Loadedbookshelf: 4 of 5 stars to holdout by jeffrey kluger