Who is Chuck PalahniukCharles Michael "Chuck" Palahniuk (; born February 21, 1962) is an American freelance journalist and novelist who describes his work as transgressional fiction. He has published 19 novels, three nonfiction books, two graphic novels, and two adult coloring books, as well as several short stories. His first published novel was Fight Club, which was adapted into a film of the same name.
Palahniuk was born in Pasco, Washington, the son of Carol Adele (née Tallent) and Fred Palahniuk. He has French and Ukrainian ancestry. His paternal grandfather migrated from Ukraine to Canada and then to New York in 1907. Palahniuk grew up living in a mobile home in Burbank, Washington. His parents separated when he was 14 years old, and they subsequently divorced, often l...
Read Full Biography of Chuck Palahniuk
Chuck Palahniuk Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Chuck Palahniuk
Chuck Palahniuk Quotes
- Do you remember when you were 10 or 11 years old and you really thought your folks were the best? They were completely omniscient and you took their word for everything. And then you got older and you went through this hideous age when suddenly they were the devil, they were bullies, and they didn't know anything.
- People used what they called a telephone because they hated being close together and they were scared of being alone.
- Why is it you feel like a dope if you laugh alone, but that's usually how you end up crying?
- The most boring scenes are the scenes where a character is alone.
- If anything I try to write something that would be more difficult to film. I tend to see film as competition and would like instead to do what books do best.
Comments about Chuck PalahniukOmfgitstabitha: "how she looks is watered-down. how she looks is disappearing. how she looks is erased." -from "survivor" by chuck palahniuk for edtwt
Kris10simental: chuck palahniuk sends out his substack newsletter 1-2 times per day - every day. i am jack's burgeoning sense of overwhelm.
Shadowm88746546: “you met me at a very strange time in my life.” ― chuck palahniuk, fight club
Esprauve: "we all die. the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will." — chuck palahniuk
Soywafae: "it's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness we have no scar to show from happiness. we learn so little from peace." chuck palahniuk
Read All Comments