Who is Jean-paul SartreSimone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre in Beijing, 1955 Jean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre (/ˈsɑːrtrə/, US also /ˈsɑːrt/; French: [saʁtʁ]; 21 June 1905 – 15 April 1980) was a French philosopher, playwright, novelist, screenwriter, political activist, biographer, and literary critic. He was one of the key figures in the philosophy of existentialism and phenomenology, and one of the leading figures in 20th...
Read Full Biography
Jean-paul Sartre Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Jean-paul Sartre
Jean-paul Sartre Quotes
- Every age has its own poetry in every age the circumstances of history choose a nation, a race, a class to take up the torch by creating situations that can be expressed or transcended only through poetry.
- If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company.
- There are two types of poor people, those who are poor together and those who are poor alone. The first are the true poor, the others are rich people out of luck.
- The best work is not what is most difficult for you it is what you do best.
- One is still what one is going to cease to be and already what one is going to become. One lives one's death, one dies one's life.
Comments about Jean-paul Sartre
- Abdelmobdyy: if you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company. - jean paul sartre
- Yosraaa_: cluelessy don't know if its because the sickness or everything happening. got me thinking of "la nausée" by jean paul sartre. living existentialism nausea; this amount of awareness/consciousness, the feeling of unease and discomfort is unhandleable.
- Imxoxosos: to-be-okay: “every word has consequences, every silence too.” — jean-paul sartre
- Plymhumans: life has no meaning a prioriâ¦ it is up to you to give it a meaning, and value is nothing but the meaning that you choose. - jean-paul sartre
- Naderdahdaleh: “every word has consequences. every silence, too.” jean paul sartre