Who is Jean-paul SartreJean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre (, US also ; French: [saʁtʁ]; 21 June 1905 – 15 April 1980) was one of the key figures in the philosophy of Existentialism (and phenomenology), a French playwright, novelist, screenwriter, political activist, biographer, and literary critic, as well as a leading figure in 20th-century French philosophy and Marxism. His work has influenced sociology, critical theory, post-colonial theory, and literary studies, and continues to do so. He was awarded the 1964 Nobel Prize in Literature despite attempting to refuse it, saying that he always declined official honors and that "a writer should not allow himself to be turned into an institution."Sartre held an open relationship with prominent feminist and fellow existentialist philosopher Simone de Beauvoir. Toge...
Read Full Biography of Jean-paul Sartre
Jean-paul Sartre Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Jean-paul Sartre
Jean-paul Sartre Quotes
- Every age has its own poetry in every age the circumstances of history choose a nation, a race, a class to take up the torch by creating situations that can be expressed or transcended only through poetry.
- If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company.
- There are two types of poor people, those who are poor together and those who are poor alone. The first are the true poor, the others are rich people out of luck.
- The best work is not what is most difficult for you it is what you do best.
- One is still what one is going to cease to be and already what one is going to become. One lives one's death, one dies one's life.
Comments about Jean-paul SartreMikejennings101: had a great holiday in asturias, spain this year. you can see some of the photos over on my insta - starting with the gorgeous town of santillana del mar (spain’s most beautiful according to jean-paul sartre!). more to come!
Joncenabite: "gas ends up in divorce court. an anal fissure include: constipation." -jean-paul sartre
Joncenabite: "miraculously, my sister added, the people could stand it no more. therefore do i still live?" -jean-paul sartre
Myklbarbosa: rip jean-paul sartre u woulda loved video games
Wnbasfchapter: when iris murdoch met jean-paul sartre
Read All Comments