Who is Elie WieselElie Wiesel (, born Eliezer Wiesel Hebrew: אֱלִיעֶזֶר וִיזֶל ʾÉlīʿezer Vīzel; September 30, 1928 – July 2, 2016) was a Romanian-born American writer, professor, political activist, Nobel laureate, and Holocaust survivor. He authored 57 books, written mostly in French and English, including Night, a work based on his experiences as a Jewish prisoner in the Auschwitz and Buchenwald concentration camps.He was a professor of the humanities at Boston University, which created the Elie Wiesel Center for Jewish Studies in his honor. He was involved with Jewish causes and human rights causes and helped establish the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D. C. In his political activities, he also campaigned for victims of oppression in places like South Afric...
Read Full Biography of Elie Wiesel
Elie Wiesel Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Elie Wiesel
Elie Wiesel Quotes
- Human beings should be held accountable. Leave God alone. He has enough problems.
- Look, if I were alone in the world, I would have the right to choose despair, solitude and self-fulfillment. But I am not alone.
- I have not lost faith in God. I have moments of anger and protest. Sometimes I've been closer to him for that reason.
- I marvel at the resilience of the Jewish people. Their best characteristic is their desire to remember. No other people has such an obsession with memory.
- It all happened so fast. The ghetto. The deportation. The sealed cattle car. The fiery altar upon which the history of our people and the future of mankind were meant to be sacrificed.
Comments about Elie WieselYadsarahfriends: tomorrow, at 3:30pm ist, yad sarah is holding a dedication ceremony for the elie wiesel plaza. this plaza - at the yad sarah house in jerusalem - was built in memory of the late holocaust survivor, nobel laureate, and author. watch the live-stream here:
Bia__nca1: title: "night- elie wiesel essay case study– (sample essay assignment) do my homework "night," elie wiesel analysis overview introduction in his novel "night," elie wiesel
2toes_: “music does not replace words, it gives tone to the words”―elie wiesel
Consciousbeats8: “music does not replace words, it gives tone to the words”―elie wiesel
Ghendv012: “music does not replace words, it gives tone to the words” — elie wiesel jethroxbenedix kumucollab
Read All Comments