Who is J. K. RowlingJoanne Rowling ( "rolling"; born 31 July 1965), also known by her pen name J. K. Rowling, is a British author and philanthropist. She wrote Harry Potter, a seven-volume children's fantasy series published from 1997 to 2007. The series has sold over 500 million copies, been translated into at least 70 languages, and spawned a global media franchise including films and video games. The Casual Vacancy (2012) was her first novel for adults. She writes Cormoran Strike, an ongoing crime fiction series, as Robert Galbraith.
Born in Yate, Rowling graduated with a degree in French from the University of Exeter in 1987 and began working temp jobs as a bilingual secretary. In 1990, the idea for the characters of Harry Potter came to her while she waited on a delayed train; later that year, ...
Read Full Biography of J. K. Rowling
J. K. Rowling Poems
Top 10 most used topics by J. K. Rowling
J. K. Rowling Quotes
- Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.
- The best of us must sometimes eat our words.
- I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.
- The middle class is so funny, it's the class I know best, and it's the class where you find the most pretension, so that's what makes the middle classes so funny.
- No, there is literally nothing on the business side that I wouldn't sacrifice in a heartbeat to have an extra couple of hours' writing. Nothing.
Comments about J. K. RowlingCmranapia: if you can grasp that plenty of married women do not adopt their spouse's family name, and the usage convention where, say, j.k. rowling would be referred to as 'mrs neil murray' is dead for good reasons... ... you can stop dead-naming trans people and whining about pronouns.
Art4eva_: october extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and november arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces." j.k. rowling
Hp_reveals_bot: j.k. rowling reveals fred weasley actually had green eyes, unkempt hair, and a self-disciplined personality.
Sofiosgalactico: the most recent fantastic beasts film made over $400,000,000 in theatrical box office alone, and the upcoming hogwarts game is a guaranteed money-spinner: the idea that in 24 months j.k. rowling will be broke is insane. not a defender of her crazy views but the reality isn't this
Kjungxoxx_: “it does not do to well on dreams and forget to live.” ― j.k. rowling, harry potter and the sorcerer's stone
Read All Comments