Who is Isaac WattsStatue of Isaac Watts, Abney Park Cemetery Isaac Watts (17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748) was an English Christian minister (Congregational), hymn writer, theologian, and logician. He was a prolific and popular hymn writer and is credited with some 750 hymns. He is recognized as the "Godfather of English Hymnody"; many of his hymns remain in use today and have been translated into numerous languages.
Read Full Biography
Isaac Watts Poems
- Psalm 133
Lo! what an entertaining sight
Are brethren that agree! ...
- Psalm 119 Part 6
Holiness and comfort from the word.
- Hymn 4 Part 2
The inward witness to Christianity.
1 Jn. 5:10.
- Psalm 69 Part 1
The sufferings of Christ for our salvation.
- Psalm 62
No trust in the creatures; or, Faith in Divine grace and power.
Top 10 most used topics by Isaac WattsGod 390 Love 228 I Love You 228 Soul 159 Earth 148 Power 140 Heart 123 Death 117 High 114 Great 110
Isaac Watts Quotes
- Do not expect to arrive at certainty in every subject which you pursue. There are a hundred things wherein we mortals... must be content with probability, where our best light and reasoning will reach no farther.
- Do not hover always on the surface of things, nor take up suddenly, with mere appearances but penetrate into the depth of matters, as far as your time and circumstances allow, especially in those things which relate to your profession.
- Do not hover always on the surface of things, nor take up suddenly, with mere appearances; but penetrate into the depth of matters, as far as your time and circumstances allow, especially in those things which relate to your profession.
Comments about Isaac Watts
- Philiptyb: god is in heaven, and men below: be short our tunes; our words be few: a solemn reverence checks our songs, and praise sits silent on our tongues. isaac watts
- Lovnquotes: fancy and humour, early and constantly indulged in, may expect an old age overrun with follies. author: isaac watts life quote of the day was first posted on july 26, 2021 at 7:14 am. ©2020 "life quotes ". use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. if you ar…
- Pdsongbot: at the cross music: ralph erskin hudson, 1885 lyrics: isaac watts, 1707 (refrain: ralph erskin hudson, 1885)
- Piousplattitude: “jesus shall reign where'er the sun; does its successive journeys run; his kingdom spreads from shore to shore, till moons shall wax and wane no more.” – isaac watts
- Jerusalemprayer: "i believe the promises of god enough to venture an eternity on them." —isaac watts