Who is Hilda Doolittle...
Read Full Biography
Hilda Doolittle Poems
NOR skin nor hide nor fleece
Shall cover you,
Nor curtain of crimson nor fine
Shelter of cedar-wood be over you, ...
- At Baia
I should have thought
in a dream you would have brought
some lovely, perilous thing,
orchids piled in a great sheath, ...
- From Citron-bower
From citron-bower be her bed,
cut from branch of tree a-flower,
fashioned for her maidenhead.
- At Ithaca
Over and back,
the long waves crawl
and track the sand with foam;
night darkens, and the sea ...
I saw the first pear
as it fell--
the honey-seeking, golden-banded,
the yellow swarm ...
Top 10 most used topics by Hilda DoolittleFlower 12 Great 10 Light 8 Wind 8 White 8 Sea 7 Gold 7 Bright 6 I Love You 6 God 6
Hilda Doolittle Quotes
Comments about Hilda Doolittle
- Sofiajoubert: * we don't have to know, only to be: let go the jumble of worn words, reason and vanity. - hilda doolittle
- Sofiajoubert: * i go where i love and where i am loved, into the snow; i go to the things i love with no thought of duty or pity; i go where i belong, inexorably, as the rain that has lain long from "the flowering of the rod" h.d. (hilda doolittle)
- Lacunalingua_3: rediscovering h.d. (hilda doolittle)
- Rickoehling: poet hd (hilda doolittle) on life as a shellfish
- Poemanalysis: check out this poetry analysis! sea rose by hilda doolittle