Who is Herbie HancockHerbert Jeffrey Hancock (born April 12, 1940) is an American jazz pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, and composer. Hancock started his career with trumpeter Donald Byrd's group. He shortly thereafter joined the Miles Davis Quintet, where he helped to redefine the role of a jazz rhythm section and was one of the primary architects of the post-bop sound. In the 1970s, Hancock experimented with jazz fusion, funk, and electro styles, utilizing a wide array of synthesizers and electronics. It was during this period that he released perhaps his best-known and most influential album, Head Hunters.Hancock's best-known compositions include "Cantaloupe Island", "Watermelon Man", "Maiden Voyage", and "Chameleon", all of which are jazz standards. During the 1980s, he enjoyed a hit single with the elect...
Read Full Biography of Herbie Hancock
Herbie Hancock Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Herbie Hancock
Herbie Hancock Quotes
- Music happens to be an art form that transcends language.
- It's not the style that motivates me, as much as an attitude of openness that I have when I go into a project.
- I think there's a great beauty to having problems. That's one of the ways we learn.
- But I have to be careful not to let the world dazzle me so much that I forget that I'm a husband and a father.
- I'm always interested in looking forward toward the future. Carving out new ways of looking at things.
Comments about Herbie HancockFmgunma_onair: ♪on air[2023/03/30 05:55 sun touch/herbie hancock]
Fmnagano_onair: 「sun touch」 herbie hancock (05:55)
Fmclassica: onair: rock it by herbie hancock //escuchalo en
Wjzzdetradio: your listening to herbie hancock - vein melter on detroit's premier jazz station, wjzz detroit
_markstewart: wah wah watson with herbie hancock 1976 (live video) - hang up your hang ups - youtube
Read All Comments