Who is Herbie HancockHerbert Jeffrey Hancock (born April 12, 1940) is an American pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer, and actor. Hancock started his career with Donald Byrd. He shortly thereafter joined the Miles Davis Quintet, where he helped to redefine the role of a jazz rhythm section and was one of the primary architects of the post-bop sound. In the 1970s, Hancock experimented with jazz fusion, funk, and electro styles.
Hancock's best-known compositions include the jazz standards "Cantaloupe Island", "Watermelon Man", "Maiden Voyage", and "Chameleon", as well as the hit singles "I Thought It Was You" and "Rockit". His 2007 tribute album River: The Joni Letters won the 2008 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, only the second jazz album to win the award, after Getz/Gilberto in 1...
Read Full Biography
Herbie Hancock Poems
Top 10 most used topics by Herbie Hancock
Herbie Hancock Quotes
- Music happens to be an art form that transcends language.
- It's not the style that motivates me, as much as an attitude of openness that I have when I go into a project.
- I think there's a great beauty to having problems. That's one of the ways we learn.
- But I have to be careful not to let the world dazzle me so much that I forget that I'm a husband and a father.
- I'm always interested in looking forward toward the future. Carving out new ways of looking at things.
Comments about Herbie Hancock
- Ij_rogers: been to: cory henry, maxwell, bilal, robert glasper & bilal going to: roots picnic, governor's ball, bilal (3rd time), herbie hancock, keyon harold & kendrick lamar
- Kafkaguy: think i'll have to put on headhunters by herbie hancock another great album that showcases some of the best of jaco pastorius. man should have been in the cia way he could slap a bass around and get it to say whatever he wanted it to.
- Jazzconclass: herbie hancock - what is this thing called love?
- Thevarietyradio: now playing this jam rockit - herbie hancock commercial free always -
- 901jazzplaylist: now playing: herbie hancock - sleeping giant - on jazz90.1 | listen now ->