Who is Henrik Johan IbsenIbsen caricatured by SNAPP for Vanity Fair, 1901 Henrik Johan Ibsen (/ˈɪbsən/; Norwegian: [ˈhɛnrɪk ˈɪpsn̩]; 20 March 1828 – 23 May 1906) was a Norwegian playwright, theatre director, and poet. As one of the founders of modernism in theatre, Ibsen is often referred to as "the father of realism" and one of the most influential playwrights of his time. His major works include Brand, Peer Gynt, An Enemy of the People, Emperor and Galilean, A Doll's House, Hedda Gabler, Ghosts, The Wild Duck, When We...
Read Full Biography
Henrik Johan Ibsen Poems
- With A Water-lily
SEE, dear, what thy lover brings;
'Tis the flower with the white wings.
Buoyed upon the quiet stream
In the spring it lay adream. ...
- The Miner
Beetling rock, with roar and smoke
Break before my hammer-stroke!
Deeper I must thrust and lower
Till I hear the ring of ore. ...
THE last, late guest
To the gate we followed;
Goodbye -- and the rest
The night-wind swallowed. ...
- Wildflowers And Hot-house Plants
'GOOD Heavens, man, what a freak of taste!
What blindness to form and feature!
The girl's no beauty, and might be placed
As a hoydenish kind of creature.' ...
- A Brother In Need
NOW, rallying once if ne'er again,
With flag at half-mast flown,
A people in dire need and strain
Mans Tyra's bastion. ...
Top 10 most used topics by Henrik Johan IbsenDeep 4 Sleep 4 Heart 4 Mountain 3 Life 3 Night 3 Dark 3 Summer 2 Song 2 Never 2
Henrik Johan Ibsen Quotes
Comments about Henrik Johan Ibsen
- Luke_goss5: “don’t use that exotic word ‘ideals’. we have a good enough native word: ‘lies’.” -henrik johan ibsen-
- Raybert761: “ i don’t think you will dispute the fact that at present the stupid people are in an absolutely overwhelming majority all over the world.” henrik johan ibsen 1828 - 1906 nothing has changed
- Raybert761: “you never loved me. you have only thought it pleasant to be in love with me.” henrik johan ibsen
- Raybert761: “when i lost you it was as if all the solid ground dissolved under my feet. look at me; i’m a half-drowned man now, hanging onto a wreck,” henrik johan ibsen
- Scottandpark: name: henrik johan ibsen date of birth: 20-mar-1828 place of birth: skien, norway date of death: 23-may-1906 place of death: christiania, norway cause of death: stroke remains: buried, cemetery of our saviour, oslo, norway father: knud henriksen ibsen